Tyres, tyres, tyres.

This thread is for your suggestions on tyres for road and track usage.

I'm currently after some road tyres anybody got any suggestions? Also where is the best place to buy them? Thanks.

Yoki AD08s

awesome on track and great on road

my recommendation anyway

I'm using these as a general purpose tyre though. Won't they wear down like a bitch? I Do about 13K miles a year. Don't want to be buying a set of tyres every 6 months if I can help it.

Are you wanting them for both road and track or two separate sets of tyres for each???

Will you be doing more road miles than track (well hopfully if you do 13k a year) so do you just want a good road tyre that could be used occationaly on track??

rick

I'm using these as a general purpose tyre though. Won't they wear down like a bitch? I Do about 13K miles a year. Don't want to be buying a set of tyres every 6 months if I can help it.

They've done 4 track days and 7k miles roughly on the road, couple are close to the limit but still a bit left.

Just using them on road I can imagine they'd last just as long as any other tyre.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050As are a fantastic tyre on both road and track. I got about 14,000 miles out of my last set.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050As are a fantastic tyre on both road and track. I got about 14,000 miles out of my last set.

Ha, ha.

I've got 6k on them on the 265 Trophy and i've got 1 more track day to kill them off.

Ha, ha.

I've got 6k on them on the 265 Trophy and i've got 1 more track day to kill them off.

Mine did do a lot of commuting I'll admit. Though I had them on a Focus ST with 270+ bhp and 400ft/lb of torque and they rarely struggled.

I like them except in damp conditions where they are either crap or it's just the road surface is in that not cleaned/greasy state.

I've done 2 track days and I live in the country and have fun on the open road so I guess I will always get less out of them.

Clio doesn't fair much better as they last 9-10k on conti 5's with no track day yet.

Michelin PS3's! The best road tyre! Great wear and best wet grip, they make u feel so connected with the car and feel of the road.

off topic in a way but.... do ya need to declare to insurance your tyre choice?

Never heard of it yet but it's only a matter of time before you do. Some of those 'budget' tyres are worse than a bald tyre in my opinion.

Fast street use and sometimes track - Bridgestone RE070 / AD08
Track use only - Michelin cup / Dunlop direzza (def. one level over r888)

yokahama paradas - great track tyre and v good in the dry, in the wet they are possibly the worst tyre i've ever had on the car they are lethal do not mix them.
for the road running Bridgestone RE07 at the moment and no complaints. but to be honest the conti 3's were faultless all round