Uneven exhaust tips

I have a new exhaust on my car, but the exhaust tips don't hang straight. Does anyone know any 'tips' for adjusting them?

yes!!!

you have to first let the system setttle in first

then see if you can get them better aligned by adjusting the exhaust

failing this i have used washers under the rear exhaust mounts to even out the tips - sometimes this involves just doing it on one side

you end up being very good at removing and refitting the diffuser!!!

By 'adjusting the exhaust' do you mean where the pipe from the back box sleeves onto the centre section pipe?

By 'adjusting the exhaust' do you mean where the pipe from the back box sleeves onto the centre section pipe?

yeh thats right - just slacken and give a small "tweek" - be careful if you go to far it miight catch on a heatshield

i could only get mine so far and ended up using some washers to adjust it - as mine was to far to the left

Oh right I see.

Mine are more or less in the middle, it's just that the one on the left hand side seems to hang a little lower. I'll have a look this weekend and see what I can do.

i'd also check it regular to make sure its not touching the diffuser while your driving as it will melt it pretty bad and you may need to adjust it before the weekend

as foxy says,undo the U bolt that fastens it to the centre section and adjust accordingly,you'll only be able to move it when the exhaust is stone cold and try not to go to far bud,a tiny alteration makes quite a difference at the tips

top tip,measure the gap between the tip and the diffuser on both sides to start with then remove the diffuser and measure the gap between each tip and the bumper,you can then work out how much it needs adjusting

I gave up with mine as it seemed everytime I corrected it a month down the line it was wonky again. If you ever see any cup racers up close you'll notice theirs are all wonky so technically it's a race car mod anyway :wink: