UPDATED Just had 200 gear box put on my 197

Yeah I was thinking that, although unfortunately don't have the spare funds due to wedding saving! :blink: Im hopefully not doing to regret it..... lol changing the clutch that is

Sometimes the synchro mesh wears because of a worn clutch get it checked out.

Sometimes the synchro mesh wears because of a worn clutch get it checked out.

Yeah ok I will do, lets hope its ok, Its going in on Monday for a few days anyhow. Cheers Woody....

Mine's doing roughly 3000-3100rpm @ 70mph. Annoyingly the exhaust drone completely disappears at 80mph and it's whisper quiet and much nicer to cruise in, but that's illegal. Bah!... probably tuned for the French 130kmh limit??

What's a 197 like?

197 drone sound is at 60mph at about 3k rpm

Last edited:
Just got my car back, and the 200 gear box has been put on, well what can I say...Its like a different car! Revs are certainly different, It deffinatly revs a little further in each gear, and cruising speed of 70 is now 3k rpm rather than 3.8

Chuffed with the result! and on another note, the guys at the garage I go to only charged me £150 to fit it :smile: and the usual excellent job done aswell.

Just got my car back, and the 200 gear box has been put on, well what can I say...Its like a different car! Revs are certainly different, It deffinatly revs a little further in each gear, and cruising speed of 70 is now 3k rpm rather than 3.8

Chuffed with the result! and on another note, the guys at the garage I go to only charged me £150 to fit it :smile: and the usual excellent job done aswell.

good result and a good price that :thumbsup:

Ive no idea Stevo.... I just know that it feels like its got a little somthing more, I have been giving it the beans, and it does feel different to the old box.