Very poor member with no morals or integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Murr

Paid Member
Ive put this thread up here Naming no names- as Im not one for mud slinging- all I want is opinions- as I believe that the person I am dealing with has no morals or integrity-

Its fairly long, so if you haven't got a minute don't worry-

I listed this used cup Spoiler for sale-

This was the pic of the actual item-

So it sold quickly, to a member who requested it posted - I didn't really want to post it- so I carefully wrapped it- Spent a good 2 hours on it- to ensure it arrived as nature intended.

ggsz.jpg

& the final package-

djiu.jpg

As you can see that didn't take 5 mins to throw together.

Well it arrived & annoyingly parcel force has snapped BOTH fins- which was a real pi$$er - So I said I would lodge a claim with PF- their first tier of cover is £100 for Parcels, however after asking what the cost @ the desk I paid £2 to upgrade to £150.

So I liased with the person that bought them & I said I would handle the claim- & duly raised it in June- I also spoke to Renault & found that they couldn't supply fins only- but suggested to the owner that we get KTEC ones for £70 & then he should offer them out as a swop if he wanted the standard ones-

On near enough the same day- even though postage is generally considered your risk & not the ownus of the poster I gift PAYPALed £35 to the new owner to cover a fin each- so we were equally out of pocket £35.
& then awaited to process the claim.

Well 4 weeks passed - a lot of information requested by PF- mainly to me- form filling, before & after posting photos ( lucky I took them eh) & of course proof of the damage- which was duly supplied.
On raising the claim
I ticked the box that said where to send the potential good will to- the new owner of the part.

It took 5 weeks thereabouts & then parcel force rejected the claim & declined to pay anything due to this item being on there 'excluded items list'- with the usual spiel about T&C's-

At this point most people would give up for the sake of maybe £70 - & that's what they want, the consumer to roll over & give up- However I was pretty pi$$ed off if im honest, I had made a legitimate claim & at the very least I thought £70/£80 half of the claim felt fair- which of course would have gone to the new owner-
So Do I give up here & chase a claim, that to be honest I didn't think we would get- but being bloody minded & for the fact that the post office had not informed me of any products that you couldn't post I carried on-

So I lodged an appeal on 17/07/13 - 1 month after the initial complaint-

10 or so Emails & phone calls later I get this Email - another 1 month later on- 19/08/13 ( so we are 2 months of waiting now- both out of pocket £35 each)

Dear Steve
Thank you for your email.
I can confirm that your claim has been completed and a cheque will be with you in the next few days.
If you require any further information or assistance, please reply to this email showing all conversations we have had on this enquiry.Kind regards

Steve Turner
Parcelforce Worldwide

Great I think- we in luck- Note it doesn't say how much- but who cares we can finally settle.

Then Nothing for 2 weeks, no cheque zip- So again another bunch of Emails before an apology- Sorry, we thought it had gone, but we will send another one, it will arrive on the 16th of sept- 3 Months after the original claim.

So I wait- I then get a message yesterday via the original portal ( that was closed when it went to Email ) - your cheque was cashed on the 18/08/13-
Case closed-

What? how~? - I question myself, login to my bank- knowing full well that I haven't had a cheque- I even question my partner- has she had it-

Then I think- I wonder if they posted it to the 3rd party by mistake- so I email him & PM on here.

I get a reply today- Yes I cashed a cheque for £218 last month-.

So, you didn't contact me, didn't speak to me- even though I have been dealing with this claim for 3 months>- Owner says sorry I didn't know I thought it was my money-
Ok, so I fill the owner in on Everything that's happened- everything from the above- & they refuse to admit that this payment chased by me as a minimum should be split 50/50 & basically to shove it.

So they have had now, a cheque for £218 & my PAYPAL goodwill of £35. - total £253-

If it wasn't for my 3 months of persistence & countless hours they would have ZERO. NICHE. NADA.

Anyone that knows me from here or CS will know the second that cheque landed & I saw the exact value of it the decision would have been taken to PAYPAL the rest of the £35 for the spoiler & half of the remainder.

Instead the third party after reading all this has decided they have been massively put out & they are entitled to it all. ( even though all they did was take a photo & complete an online form) I believe that to be deceitful & bordering criminal to have not even told me they got a cheque & then pocketed another £35 on top of my goodwill gesture.

Sorry for boring everyone, Im seriously thinking of making a small claim against them, I thought people on here was honourable & treated the members of the community with respect.- which includes morally making the right decision.-

I guess Im mistaken.

S

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there are people like this about. Either completely oblivious to social norms, or they just don't care.

Good luck with the case, it's certainly something a small claims court would be interested in.

That is pretty messed up! The end bit actually annoyed me a lot. I agree with the above comment and I do not feel that you are at fault and that you deserve that outcome.

Report them Steve, I would, u sold something to them, Parcelforce stuffed up, your innocent and they bought it from you! All this does not mean they get a free spoiler with extra cash. I know what I would do if I were in your shoes.

When you log a complaint on there system at the very start you get a choice- A tickbox whether goodwill goes to you or the postee- I ticked the postee box ( not me ) because I thought that the offer would cover the fins & that it was easier that way-

However when you go to appeal the Portal of claim is closed & correspondence goes to Email communication-

As said being of principal I decided to chase it & after 1 month of complete fail on their behalf told them that I expected the full £150 -
Which would have been £80 for wasting my time & £70 for the spoiler-

Because of there stupidity they sent it to the wrong person.

Up until yesterday I didn't even know what the value of cheque they have sent -

S

well I considered thatI will file a claim first & resolve it that way-

Even though it was me persuing a claim for 3 months I offered to say that I think it was appropriate that as the cheque was £218 that he give me £109 - exactly half.

But no.

No morales im afraid.- they then came out with the usual excuses that ive heard a million times before.

They did refund £35 for the fin, which I refunded as I though it was a pi$$ take.

Hope you get something sorted. At least your £35 back so your not out of pocket. Would be even better if he sent you the 109 too! As you did all the work! I hate the fact that when you post something, it's your responsibility that it gets to them. Same with eBay. Many people I know used to sell items ffrom there buisness on there. But due to many postage problems, they ended up loosing with eBay sales and packed it in! Good luck!

Your secret is safe with us should you want to "let the team know" ie. pm one of us.

I agree though. It is pretty shocking behaviour on the members behalf.

Cheers-

No Names or PM's -

I just wanted to sound out opinions- usually if it feels wrong it is.

All of a sudden today hes also decided that the quality of it ( as used) is not satisfactory which was part of the justification to keep the cheque.
It hasn't bothered him for the 3 months he has had it of course with no pms to say he wasn't happy.

Last edited:
Its out of order Steve, if he's now saying its not good enough quality then he'll have no problem sending it back to you as he's already got his money.

Yes i did suggest that tonight

buy the ktec one @225

i will take the spoiler back to sell

but radio silence.

There was nowt wrong with it when it went tbh- a claim of a mark on the underside- well i inspected it and there was no definable marks when i wrapped it-

s

Its a shame because it only takes one person to potentially ruin things for others when they behave like this.

It may sound stupid and juvenile but I'd go to the guy's place get my money back, even if it costs me more than the cheque, just to make a point.

I would name and shame Steve so that no one else on here sells them a thing or does them a favour again, bang out of order in my book

I'd like to see a thread like this, but from the buyer's perspective.

I'm not at all suggesting that the buyer is in the right, however, it would be interesting to see how they came to the conclusion that they should behave in such a manner.

What a pi$$ take....

Giving them £35 was fair enough as it covers the Ktec fins and so equally out of pocket, but to also be willing to spilt the rest by half, that's dam generous of you! I bet most people in your position would have said "sorry, I'm not liable for damaged caused by the carrier (PF)" and so left it as their problem...

i agree with roblynn, name and shame so people know who to avoid in the future. Also be interesting to get their view too.

Also, around the dates you've posted above I brought the Ktec carbon fins and then sold my standard spoiler tips for £35 to someone here - wonder if it is that person

Status
Not open for further replies.