197: Warranty work

I took my 197 in to my local dealership today to book a service and ask about my worn/saggy recaros. They were worn when I got the car in march but have slowly got worse. Also some other things such as exhaust rattle, badly aligned door, door seals and my front bumper being loose.

I was told that it's all just general wear and tear so probably won't be covered. Were do I stand with this? We all know how piss poor the recaros are!

Michael

Recaros will be sorted under warranty, so many people have had this done. If by door seals you mean the bits that join the rear windows these should also be sorted under warranty.

Exhaust rattle is questionable under warranty I would have though.

If you have any probs ring RUK and complain to them
How old is the car???

We are talking about extended warranty right? Because if so, these bits will NOT be covered. Extended warranty is different than the warranty Renault offers (first 3 years) when you buy the vehicle.

Ah yea, wont be covered on extended warranty. Check the terms and conditions that came with the warranty, normally only really covers engine, gearbox and maybe suspension

No not an extended warranty. A 1 year used warranty. Just looked at the paperwork and doesn't mention anything about mechanicals only. I'll see next week, could be fun!

extended warranty with renault? normally it is just mechanical failings mate as they are fussy enough when its 2 years never mind 4 years

When I bought mine from a dealer I got a 1 year blackhorse warranty, even though it was the top of the range warranty things like interior weren't covered.