Warranty work

Took the car to Renault in Cambridge today to see what I could get done.

They said they would fix the recaro seat wear no problem and apply an ECU upgrade, but they werent too sure about re-spraying the front panel which the laquer has started to come off. They took photo's and said they were going to send it off to get a final decision. They think it has been re-sprayed as the front panel is the slightest bit different to the main bonnet (barely noticeable), I put this down to 1 being plastic and the other being metal.
I am confident the car hasn't been re-sprayed as there are no tell-tell signs. If they come back to me with a no I really am gonna through up a fuss.

What do you think?

Thanks

EDIT: The same thing has happened on my dads 535d BMW. He took it in, they looked at it, phoned him the next morning. They are picking up the car from his work, bringing him a courtesy and will return his when completed. If only Renault were like this....

They took photos of my wheels with the corrosion on it back in FEBRUARY and "sent them to Renault"

At the begining of May, still no luck, I moaned on Renaultsport forum, and the very next day they were on the phone offering me a full refurb on all four wheels the very next day!

Good luck with it all though dude :smile::smile::smile:

Surprised the laquer is "shelling" from the panel, it does suggest a respray. Renault are not like BMW..ever and that's why I'm getting shot of the 197.

I had to fight like crazy to get them to accept the steering wheel melting was a warranty item. Then again, your dealer might be ok; Renault Birmingham are easily the worst dealership I have ever dealt with in 25 years of car ownership. Rant over.

They took photos of my wheels with the corrosion on it back in FEBRUARY and "sent them to Renault"

At the begining of May, still no luck, I moaned on Renaultsport forum, and the very next day they were on the phone offering me a full refurb on all four wheels the very next day!

Good luck with it all though dude :smile::smile::smile:

Got a link where you complained? Would appreciate it. I really cba with all the backwards and forwards "he-said-they-said" I just want it done :thumbsup:

What a cheek, heard back from Renault today, "Head office" response was "No as it was damaged" TBH. bull-**** was it damaged... it's blatently obvious it's just the paint lacquer coming off. They were quick to give me RenaultUK number to put in an appeal..

Quoted me £237 to fix it otherwise. No chance.

What a cheek, heard back from Renault today, "Head office" response was "No as it was damaged" TBH. bull-**** was it damaged... it's blatently obvious it's just the paint lacquer coming off. They were quick to give me RenaultUK number to put in an appeal..

Quoted me £237 to fix it otherwise. No chance.

Renault UK number is 08000 723372.

When they return your call, quote my name, Michael Cracknell and reg number BV07 YBM to use that as an example. MAKE SURE you post the details of your complaint on the RS forums too!

Perhaps we should start a thread giving case numbers and work done under warranty so when Renault claim that they aren't aware of the issue they can refer to the examples given.

Melting steering wheel. Case no 1-184171194. Success.

Renault UK number is 08000 723372.

When they return your call, quote my name, Michael Cracknell and reg number BV07 YBM to use that as an example. MAKE SURE you post the details of your complaint on the RS forums too!

Thanks Mike, appreciate it. Will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say, i'll pop it on RS forums too.

Perhaps we should start a thread giving case numbers and work done under warranty so when Renault claim that they aren't aware of the issue they can refer to the examples given.

Melting steering wheel. Case no 1-184171194. Success.

Good idea, the amount of times they tried to say "Not a known problem" to issues i'd seen many times on this forum.

So I took my 197 in today to have a string of things looked at under warranty. I was mega pissed off when I got there because I kirbed my alloy on the way there. Stupid road! lol! The car is getting more and more damaged by the week! Anyway, had the rear window/door seals replaced as they were split, the trim next to the steering wheel refixed as it was loose, the A/C has been regassed again, but there is still a strange noise coming from it. They have asked me take it back in a couple of weeks. They have greesed the tailgate catch due to there being a banging noise coming from the back, not sure if that has cured it yet.

They have told me there is nothing they can do with the kangerooing as it is a 'characteristic' of the Clio RS, 172, 182, 197, 200. Basically all 2.0l Clios when they are cold. So I'm still not completely satisfied TBH, but we'll see.

Warranty Work....!

Here's something to give you a bit of hope of getting things under warranty....I'll get my case number for you but here's the list of things i've just had done...

1. New rear window door seals, both sides
2. Complete new drivers seat covers and passenger seat base due to wear
3. New boot latch due to it coming lose and knocking
4. All new gearbox syncro's
5. New slave cylinder
6. New clutch (as slave cylinder had leaked fluid onto it)

Altogether, £2305.84p worth of parts.....now add about £900 labour on top of that!

Its now going back in though because some idiot cant put a driveshaft back in properly.

I'm intergued by the wheel corrosion though as mine are bubbling. How bad were yours for them to cover it under warranty?

Cheers

Noticed some corrosion on one of my wheels at the weekend,and the gear change is getting worse.
All 4 wheels refurb under warantee, gear box sorted ,window seals done, new seats ,new steering wheel ,new engine ,new window regs and motors ,new software no issues when cold.
Now perfect.

Last edited:
up to now heres the list of my warranty work

2 new red brembo's on front as paint was peeling off.
new clutch
new gearbox (think its a 200 box as its changed the reving a little)
headlight levelling sensor changed
i think thats it

had a courtesy cor for best part of 2 weeks for the clutch and box

turned out it was leaking clutch fluid that lead to a worn clutch therefore it was done under warranty.

After around 3months now, all is done!

Just picked her up and shes like brand new.

Work done:

- Both drivers and passengers Recaro fixed
- ECU upgrade
- Front panel resprayed with new F1 decal.

Have to say a big thanks to Nikki a customer manager at RenaultUK, she was brilliant. :thumbup:

Glad to hear you got this fixed mate. I took mine in the other day for the boot catch knocking and a new key to be ordered as mine only worked from like 6inches from the car.

Got the new key on order and a new boot catch only for the fuel pump to pack up 2days before WSR! so.... New fuel pump in and new key programmed, only for the car to lock me out in the Renault dealership, the engineer comes out and it magically works. Get the car home, it locks me out again! Took out the van, came home an hour later and low and behold it let me back in!? All very odd??? I dont really wanna take the car back to renault as the missus cant be without it but also they wont let her have a courtesy car as she is too young!

Oh yeah and the boot catch is still knocking!

****ing Renault!

Work carried out on my 197 under warranty to date:

New passenger door check strap.
New rain sensor for wipers.
Had an ECU update to try and fix cold start behaviour - didn't work.
New Headlight bulb.
Got free touch-up paint for Ultra Red as Renault said it was not a colour on their system!
------------------------

Things they could not fix:

Gear crunching which seems to be worse when its cold weather.
They did change the gear box oil to try and fix it (morons) of course it did not.
I want a new Syncro but they are not playing ball, this is on-going with RUK and Evens Halshaw Sheffield (they are morons as stated above).
Evens Halshaw also refused to faul the wiper issue and the cracking noise check strap.
------------------------

To fix at new dealers; (and they better) Gordon Lamb:

Drivers door check strap.
Side light bulb.
Problem with windscreen washers not working on intermittent basis (no water comes out and the wipers all start wiping really fast!).
Notchy and crunching gears that sometimes will not engage!
------------------------

Does anyone have a photo of a damage seat that has subsequently been replaced under warranty?

Thanks.

new drivers seat base - worn
new drivers seat back cover - worn
new steering wheel - melted
all 4 wheels refurbished -paint bubbling from inside out
spoiler resprayed twice
new cooling fan fitted - squealing like mikes mouse caught in Rich's trap.
new air conditioning pipe - leaking

the only thing they quibbled about was the door seals which i have done
overall really happy with service

Christ almighty. My 200 is due in 4 weeks, and I've only just found this thread. Does anyone know if the 200 is built any better? This lot is terrifying.

No Varlski, it wont be apart from better material on the Recaro's to resist the wear!
But hey, who wants a car that works perfectly?

Don't worry the warranty is pretty good, they'll even change the headlight bulbs for you!