Watch dog- BMW drivers watch out for thieves!

Another BMW fault, our cars, like most others pressing the key twice to lock the car enables the dead locks.

Doing this on BMW's turns off the interior sensors, like if your leaving a pet in the car or the windows partly down.

Again reading PH not many BMW owners on there knew this.

Nope!

Both the meg 265 trophy and the 200 light up my obd reader without the key in.

but dont you need the ignition on for the obd port to work, ie need and coded key?

You won't need to the car to start i would imagine, not sure if you would need ignition power though, but you don't need a key for that in Renaults anyway (one press of the button with neither pedals pressed)

Hopefully its less of an issue with the clio, the type of people stealing them are probably less skilled than the likes stealing 1Ms and M3s etc.

Also I don't know of any dead spot in our alarms? Mine go off if I leave the window down an inch :smiley:

Im pretty sure the coded key as to be present in the car to turn the ignition on to power the obd port. Just tried it in the meg, no ignition with out the key card.

I have a obd reader which shows power regardless of the key or start being pressed.