Wax streaks/smears!!!

I waxed my whole car yesterday and now theres streaks and smears in several places.

Whats the best way to get rid of them? And what products are most effective?

Thanks in advance.

Did you buff off correctly? What wax are you using? Seems odd for this to happen. Did you allow the wax to cure properly before buffing off?

Getting them off should be easy assuming it's just the product that's still smeared and streaky. Typically I'd just use some quick detailer and a decent microfibre buffing cloth.

I used Autosmart Gold and after reading the reviews I wish I hadn't. Its said to be prolific for leaving wax streaks and smears.

I definitely left it cure cause it was solid which was difficult to get off. If anything it was on too long and I probably used too much.

After I get rid of the smears/streaks I am just gonna use a sealant from now on.

Last edited:
The best thing to do with any wax really is to not cake it on! Less is more for example....

If too much is applied it will prove hard to get off properly and in some cases may leave what your experiencing now...

I know I have learnt from this mistake :wink:

I made mistake once of putting to much on, was a right bitch to
Get off just don't put to much on and you will be fine!

Clay possibly won't remove it, depending how durable it is.

Try a paint cleanser, something like Super Resin Polish, which will remove any product from the surface and leaves an ideal base for your wax or sealant.

Which sealant are you using?

Oh and bin that AS stuff... it's a relic from their old catalogue - seriously needs updating!

Clay possibly won't remove it, depending how durable it is.

Try a paint cleanser, something like Super Resin Polish, which will remove any product from the surface and leaves an ideal base for your wax or sealant.

Which sealant are you using?

Oh and bin that AS stuff... it's a relic from their old catalogue - seriously needs updating!

I have bought some Optimum opti seal as recommended by yourself.

Do I need to remove all the wax then before using the sealant? Oh and I agree the AS wax was/is shocking!

No it's fine, but you'll need to use something to sort the streaks out with first.

Do you have any Super Resin Polish?

No it's fine, but you'll need to use something to sort the streaks out with first.

Do you have any Super Resin Polish?

I dont have none but if its the best stuff for the job I will get some.

I have read in a few places that a detailer spray would work, what do you think?