Weeler Motorsport Radiator Support vs Clio Cup Version

burrellbloke

Paid Member
Does anyone know if there is any difference between the Weeder Motorsport radiator support and the Clio Cup version?

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 11.29.23.png

I cannot see that Weeder have got any stock of their radiator support at the moment as it is not shown in their shop. I contacted R Sport and they say that the part (marked as 5 in the diagram above) used on Cup Racers is still available to order for about £135 plus VAT.

Has anyone bought a Cup Racer version and if so what is it made out of and does it come power coated?

No idea on the actual differnces between the two.

I just bought a Wheeler one as it was off the shelf and could get it powder coated on the cost of some wine gums. Without looking at them side by side, I don't think you could tell a difference looking at mine and the drawing above.

Also being ready available and in new condition was a big selling point for me.

If you're worried about getting powder coating done, most wheel refurb places will likely take it on as an extra job. Or just rattle can it with lacquer.

Reactions: burrellbloke
I don't mind welding the tab in the right place on a standard one if you send it to me.
I can then post it down to you.
Thanks for the offer. I think we might ditch the old steel radiator bracket and go with a more expensive but lighter one just because I like to spend money on this car.

I am pretty sure the return postage will be more than a standard bracket!

• Haha
Reactions: RSRowe
Probably will be :tearsofjoy:
I bet the weight isn't too dissimilar tbh. The aluminium one will be much thicker than the steel

Eye it is thicker gauge of material but I’d say it weighs less than my cut down standard I was running.

I’ll weigh both at some point this week.

Reactions: RSRowe
I love how nobody reads stuff these days:

Does the Wheeler Motorsport one still allow you to run an undertray on the car?
"You can not use the engine undertray with this item as the rear legs are removed as per the Renault Cup racer car specs".

I’ll weigh both at some point this week.

I bet the weight isn't too dissimilar tbh.

Direct fit for Clio 3rs (197/200) this aluminium replacement radiator support not only saves weight but will not rust away like the standard items.
Weight = 1.8kg significantly lighter than OEM steel setup. (OEM support 6.5kg+)

I love how nobody reads stuff these days:

"You can not use the engine undertray with this item as the rear legs are removed as per the Renault Cup racer car specs".

Direct fit for Clio 3rs (197/200) this aluminium replacement radiator support not only saves weight but will not rust away like the standard items.
Weight = 1.8kg significantly lighter than OEM steel setup. (OEM support 6.5kg+)
Cup racers seem to have an under tray in the picture I posted above, albeit a flat and maybe smaller one.