What are these wires?

Clarki99

Paid Member
I posted this in the interior section and got very little response...I know that might mean nobody knows the answer but thought I would try and stick it on general.

I have a 200 track car which is pretty much fully stripped now. I have already removed some wiring and am now trying to finish the job.

Just wondered if anybody knows what the cables/wires are that are running in to the rear wheel arches. The attached pictures are from inside the boot and it is the wires that are running through the black grommets in the front of the arch (basically in the middle of each picture). I know on the LH arch one of the wires is for the remote locking sensor but what is the other cable?

Just wanted to know before I have to jack the car up and remove rear arch liners and have a nosey. Cant see anything mentioned in my Haynes manual.

Cheers,

Ian.

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 27
Yep that's it....cheers. That drawing is very useful. Do you have the full wiring schematic with associated references i.e. what all the numbers mean or is it on this site somewhere? Would be very handy to have as I complete my strip out.

Yea I have the full VISU discs but to be honest its a little too complex when all you want is say retrofit heated seats you can see the looms connector pins wire colours but cant transfer them back to part numbers or what else needs to be unlocked or there ECU wise to go ahead and finish. the number refer either depending on what your looking at the connector or the part, function it does. 151 LEFT REAR WHEEL SENSOR, 1620 FRONT LEFT-HAND SIDE SATELLITE (IMPACT SENSOR), 1625 FRONT LEFT-HAND INERTIA REEL PRETENSIONER, 851 TYRE PRESSURE COMPUTER and so on. But when you look stuff up it's like "B85/DD/DPRPN/SOP01,SOP02"
upload_2017-1-10_15-12-0.png
There might be a drop down list of 12 possible combinations and you have to work it out but I think it can work with dialogys which knows the cars config from the VIN and I guess when you pick a part it will only give you data for your car.

Does anybody know what the sensor is actually used for...traction control, ABS, speedo etc? Need to know what knock-on affect binning these wires will have. Thoughts from somebody who has already fully stripped their 197/200?

Does anybody know what the sensor is actually used for...traction control, ABS, speedo etc? Need to know what knock-on affect binning these wires will have. Thoughts from somebody who has already fully stripped their 197/200?

abs / esp function