What engine oil does every1 use?

Mine was running about 130 degrees on track, not sure what the OEM stuff is graded at? Might have a look at something a bit more upgraded. Suggestions?

Im still using the Reccomended Elf, I have been informed by someone at Renault that using different oil will void your warranty, if you send the car in for any major warranty work on the engine they will test the oil.

Not too much of a problem for me tho, as soon as they see the Milltek exhaust im screwed anyway. lol

Im still using the Reccomended Elf, I have been informed by someone at Renault that using different oil will void your warranty, if you send the car in for any major warranty work on the engine they will test the oil...

if they dont know/told....cant do anything

as for voiding warranty be hard to prove unless the bottom end had seized which i have not heard about on the f4r engine :bat:

I was under the impression that some peeps were using Fuchs, and that it was a Renault recommended oil?

Im still using the Reccomended Elf, I have been informed by someone at Renault that using different oil will void your warranty, if you send the car in for any major warranty work on the engine they will test the oil.

Not too much of a problem for me tho, as soon as they see the Milltek exhaust im screwed anyway. lol

All oil testing sampling is, is a method of predicting wear, I cant imagine a car dealer doing oil sampling at all, and even if they did they wouldn't be able to know the brand.

I've been doing it for years on heavy plant, quit cool really, by the types of metal in the oil they can work out what parts are on the way out + how long until they need replacing :smile:

I'm using Fuchs Titan oil as well. I got it for £23 or something silly! couldn't refuse.. I think Fuchs is approved by Renault

@Peak Performance Tyres - that sounds awesome dude..

I don't think many people use the elf stuff, unless they are getting their car serviced at renault

I am quite surprised that most people recommend Fuchs Titan or Motul V300 oil, but I did not find where to buy these two in Czech Republic. Thus, any other recommendation? I am thinking about Mobil 1 Rally formula 5W-50... Actually, I have original elf evolution SRX 5W-40 oil filled in my engine.