What would you have, if you had the choice again?

Really unsure what car to buy once im 21, as insurance premiums drop by about half for me! :smiley:

I love 197 F1's but I also like other cars that are available for around the same price/age. I wouldnt want to buy one and leave myself thinking, what If i had bought something else kind of thing..

If you hadn't of bought a 197, what car would you have bought instead? And most importantly, why?

Or if you would buy the 197 again thats a pickable option too :wink:

Corsa VXR
Megane 225
Clio 197
Mini Cooper S JCW

Or any other cars I may have missed out that fit into the above catergory (small, fun, fast etc).

This could be interesting, cheers!

I've been looking at all of these bar the mini as I still find it to be a bit of a girls car.

vxr and 225 were both turbo and after driving n/a and turbos of a simular power in the past, I'm going for a 197 cup

Interesting stuff, Not sure wether I want the turbo so I have power all/most of the time rather than just power at the top of the revs, or is this not the case in the clios like it was with the 172/182

200 or 265 trophy, oh hang on i have them already lol

seriously though it all depends on what you want out of a car.

Knowing what I know now I would still get the Clio. Tbh I wouldn't have any of the other cars you listed

Meg is far easier to live with for us as we have 3 kids so Clio isn't used as much as others will.

Only other thing I thought about was not getting the meg and selling the 200 for a new shape gtr

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 197 when I was 19, sold it had another car for a few months and then bought a 200 when I was 21. Unless you know for fact that your premium will go down when you're 21 I wouldn't build your hopes up, mine didn't go down that much, 25 is the norm.

No cars really compare to what you get from the Clio and I much prefer my 200 over my 197.

I'll probably get a meg when I'm older.

I'd find a 200 in RB and stick white speedlines on it. Love pearl white but I prefer blue.
Either that or just get a nimbus 197 and save a wedge.

I've been close to almost having to change cars, because of that and how attached I've become the Clio is staying.

That said I really want a supra..........

I would have bought the low mileage 08 RB cup I originally looked at instead of the F1.

If I were to go back I'd buy something a little less practical to be honest. I absolutely love my Clio, but with a wedding, a house move and the possibility of kids all looming, I'm getting the horrible feeling its gonna be a while before Ill have the money for something fun (and I don't have garage space for s 2nd car). Trying to convince the mrs to get rid of the Clio for something with less seats that costs more to run is a tough sell...

Supra ftw!

Vielside Supra double ftw!!!

Straying OTT but wtf:

578389_10151402358748102_310116367_n.jpg

When i started looking for a 197 about this time last year i had a simular list to yours. Cooper S, 500 Abarth Corsa VXR and the 197.

I'd set my heart on a 197 so i looked at more of those than the others but it's down to personal choice.

I never test drove the abarth or the VXR but i looked at a few and sometimes when i see one i do wonder.

The mini i was put off by the speedo, too big and you'd be looking at it every time you were in it, the VXR, in my eyes has a bit of a chavy image and it put me off, the 500 i thought was too small.

I had a 500 as a courtesy car the other week and after driving it for two days i think i made the right choice there.

If i had a time machine i think i'd still buy the one i have but if i did do anything different i think i'd have bought a white one.

Similar Thread Suggestions