whats everyone think of this?

http://www.usedcarsni.com/111402331

The price is a little high imo although it has had the belt done etc.

I don't think the whole story is being told "car is cat C" but it was given a category due to a front bumper and wing.. I call bull**** that wouldn't be 70% value of the car!

Whats everyone think? What price would be good?

Overpriced for a cat c, some early 197's are coming up at that price now without prior damage.

yeah - I'm just wanting a track toy tbh and I'd rather have a 197 than a 1*2..

Mentalpen I think its been repaired :smile:

Arrrr as opposed to it needed them which were just bolted on.

http://www.usedcarsni.com/111402331

The price is a little high imo although it has had the belt done etc.

I don't think the whole story is being told "car is cat C" but it was given a category due to a front bumper and wing.. I call bull**** that wouldn't be 70% value of the car!

Its possible, doesn't need to be 70% value of the car though a quick search shows this for classifications:

Car Insurance 'Write Off' Categories
Category A Scrap only - this vehicle should have been crushed. It should never reappear on the road and there are no economically salvageable parts. It is of value only for scrap metal - e.g. a totally burnt-out vehicle.
Category B The bodyshell should have been crushed. The vehicle should never reappear on the road, but it can be broken for spare parts plus any residual scrap metal.
Category C Vehicle extensively damaged and insurer has decided not to repair. The vehicle should have an independent inspection before being allowed back onto the road.
Category D Vehicle damaged and insurer has decided not to repair.
Category F Vehicle damaged by fire and insurer has decided not to repair.

Go have a look and see where's been painted and call the dealer out on it. Its black so it should be fairly easy to spot. It looks like its been re-registered too, not unusual as it nay have had a private plate (you don't get the original reg back in Northern Ireland) but together with the other info it starts adding up.

Also if you looking a track toy get one with the cup chassis, which that one doesn't have.

Also if you looking a track toy get one with the cup chassis, which that one doesn't have.

But just to say if you are going to mod the chassis then it doesn't matter.

Not been off just saying don't pay extra for something you are going remove.

But having said that paddy is correct, if your not modding the chassis get a cup/cupped one.

This is true but I've started looking at late mx5 mk1's or early cheap mx5 mk2's..

easily modified (read turbo'ed) and a lot of cheap mods (good name coil overs for £500 etc). So many choices!

But just to say if you are going to mod the chassis then it doesn't matter.

Not been off just saying don't pay extra for something you are going remove.

Don't forget its not just springs and dampers on cups, the ARBs are thicker too so it might be worth the extra just for those.