wheel bearings

front wheel bearing is on its way out, starting to make a noise when driving at constant speed 70-80mph. pretty certain its the wheel bearing, also seems to be the drivers side aswell but I think I'll do the both when I'm at it! Anyone know where to get them cheap?? I.e not renault?? Rang local motor factors didnt have them on there listing, one did but they werent certain on the size??? either 37mm or 39mm??

there's an "ask karl" section in the listings,he works for renault and sells parts at a very good price,i'd post this thread there and he'll sort u out

What noise is it? Does the steering vibrate?

There is a very slight vibration, it might just be in my head? I know the noise that you would normally associate with a wheel bearing being knackered the annoying droning noise, its not like that its hard to describe?? but on our nissan navara the wheel bearing had went six months before it even started to make any noise and is exactly what my car is doing now. we knew the wheel bearing had went as it messed up the abs which in turn caused the 4wd to not work, which was annoying in the heavy snow we had that winter!!

I had a vibrating noise at higher speeds and it was wheel balancing, had new tyres fitted cause they needed changing and all was sweet

I had a vibrating noise at higher speeds and it was wheel balancing, had new tyres fitted cause they needed changing and all was sweet

Its not the wheel balancing, I lost a weight on one of my wheels last year and know whats that like. I just know its the wheel bearing so will them changed and report back!!

renault seem to be the only people that do these wheel bearings! Ones I ordered said they would fit my car but they dont. the bearing seems to come with its own housing/carrier all in one, so ordered them from renault today, so they should be in tomorrow. Not the easiest thing to separate from the hub, and they have to be pressed on, so i wouldnt attempt this without a workshop press or somethning similar.