Wheel Refurb / Powdercoating in Sheffield Area

Hello all,

could anyone recommend anywhere in Sheffield, or SY to do a full wheel refurb or powdercoat my standard wheels in Anthracite.

Was on my way to work last week, heard the plod come flying over the hill behind me so i moved over to let them by and unfortunately ground my passenger front wheel up pretty good :thumbdown:

What sort of cost per wheel am I looking at to get them fully refurbished or powder coated in Anthracite?

I had my Freelander 19" wheels powdercoated in anthracite at a place just off Chesterfield bypass.
Will try find the details for you.

Found an even better place that are going to be doing mine.

AP Tyres in Rotherham (at the bottom of rawmarsh hill,near parkgate)

The colours available for Powdercoating are pretty pants; so they use a different method.
They acid dip and blast the wheels
The use a Powdercoat primer which they half bake.
They then spray them any colour of your choice.
Then use a Powdercoat clear laquer which they then fully bake rock hard.

This way you get the colour choice of spraying but the hardness of Powdercoating.

I'm just having 1 done and it's going to be £45 +vat

Last edited:
Found an even better place that are going to be doing mine.

AP Tyres in Rotherham (at the bottom of rawmarsh hill,near parkgate)

The colours available for Powdercoating are pretty pants; so they use a different method.
They acid dip and blast the wheels
The use a Powdercoat primer which they half bake.
They then spray them any colour of your choice.
Then use a Powdercoat clear laquer which they then fully bake rock hard.

This way you get the colour choice of spraying but the hardness of Powdercoating.

I'm just having 1 done and it's going to be £45 +vat

Nice one Jase, i have been to see these guys about having custom spacers made but didn't realise they did wheel refub.

Their address is:

Broad St,
Parkgate,
Rotherham,
S62 6ER.

Tel: 01709 523 827

:thumbup:

Sounds a good price, wouldn't mind getting mine done soon. Though I'll probs wait till after winter though. Customer spacers Tom?

Just get satin black. I've just had mine done at Top Marques in Stoke, my caps have been sprayed in the Ixell black and its a good match. I'm a fussy ******* btw :wink: