Which Power Washer?

Hi all,

Just looking some advice on a power washer. Over the years myself and different friends and family have had plenty of karcher units and I have found the reliability to be awful with pretty much all of them breaking down in a short space of time.

So on that note, can anyone recommend a good manufacturer? I don't want to spend an absolute fortune on it, just something half decent to wash my car with and something with snow foam lance compatability....

Thanks

Thanks, had been looking into Nilfisk as an alternative and read good things about them, I mean all I ever used my karchers for was cleaning the car now and again, never any prolonged use so I find their quality pretty bad.

had my karcher years i can tell you its used far, far more than the average person uses one and its been faultless.

My only issue is de freezing it with the hairdryer without the wife noticing. -6 in the garage last night!

i had my last karcher for years i had no problems what so ever so just bought another karcher last week that was on offer in tesco £170 down to £80, couldnt resist

Karcher or nikfisk are pretty evenly matched. I got the smallest karcher and it works fine for the car.

You don't want anything too powerful anyway.

Cheers for the input, think I am going to give a decent nilfisk machine a go. Sick of Karcher crap.

We sell Nomads, which are completely portable pressure washers. They even have a water tank and rechargeable battery built in, so a hose and power supply isn't needed. Whilst they're not quite as powerful as some conventional pressure washers, they're still powerful enough for car washing and incredibly convenient. We sold out over Christmas but will have them back in stock later this month.

Otherwise, of the conventional pressure washers, I've always found Nilfisk to be decent quality and good value. I personally wouldn't recommend Karcher, as they break a lot.

Last edited:
Well I went for the Nilfisk C120 unit, arrived yesterday, looks and feels nice and solid. Will get to use it for the first time tomorrow for a good snowfoaming, washing session. Wil let you know what I think of it. :smile: