Which Second Car? - Having Issues with Evans Halshaw

That does look nice and is a good price, pity it's so far away! It's 87 miles (as the crow flies on Auto Trader). It looks nice, problem is I've seen a few on Auto Trader that look nice, but when I've got there they're not even worth sitting in! Like this one.
Absolute heap, there seemed to be some front end damage, the bonnet wouldn't shut properly, the wings weren't fitted right and the paintwork looked like it had been resprayed by a blind 3 year old with one arm. It also stank of smoke and had scratches all over it!

Put a deposit down on one tonight. It was very dirty because it had only been bought in to the dealer yesterday! Got a few scratches here and there and a small dent, but they've said it's all going to be done tomorrow before we pick it up on Saturday morning.

It's a 1.6 HDi 110 Quiksilver. Got a good spec on it, cd changer, auto lights and wipers, alloys, electric windows, climate control with a/c (which wasn't getting very cold, but they've said they're going to sort it). Hopefully, if they do all the work they've said they're going to, it'll be a good buy. I liked driving it, very easy to drive and smooth. The best thing was the seat, my goodness it's soooooooo comfy!

U getting a soft backside in your old age, don't even think about using it on one of our blasts

Lol! It's not fast by any means, but the average MPG was 56.4, so damm good! Will be good for the airport run and for the missus to park it up at uni, save the MPS being used as a door stop for other car park users! I might invest in a machine polisher and use it as my practice car! Got a few scratches that need buffing out! Lol!

Sounds like a good motor. It amazes me that (on my old one anyway) Peugeot can fit Auto lights, wipers, climate control, folding morrors, auto dimming rear view mirror etc all on a 7 year old car AS STANDARD, yet all of the above are optional extras on most BMW's, Mercs etc even now!

Ye I know, it's got loads of kit fitted. Not sure about the door mirrors, how do they fold if they do? It's got auto dimming interior mirror, climate, cd changer, auto lights and wipers.

I had a 406 estate (1998 S reg) a few years ago that had auto wipers and plenty of other bits. It was still going well, despite covering 120,000 miles!

Ye I know, it's got loads of kit fitted. Not sure about the door mirrors, how do they fold if they do? It's got auto dimming interior mirror, climate, cd changer, auto lights and wipers.

I had a 406 estate (1998 S reg) a few years ago that had auto wipers and plenty of other bits. It was still going well, despite covering 120,000 miles!

Mine used to fold when locking, but you could check the mirror switch. The one that slides left and right. On mine it could be pulled back which would fold them in.

Chris

Well, what a disappointment. Got there and the car had been cleaned (badly) and 2 of the 4 scratches they said would be done had been. The steering and the a/c were the same, the headrest clip hadn't been fixed. The saleswoman then said they were only going to do the scratches, nothing else. Which is not what we agreed. They were claiming that because it had been through the workshop that it was deemed fine. Sorry, but the a/c was not working. End of story! Lol!

They wanted me to pay for the car, take it away and then return with it to have half the work done, then return another day to have the private plate swapped over. They weren't prepared to let me leave the £250 deposit and come back after all the work had been done. So we left, without my deposit because the accounts department isn't open on a weekend. Totally bad, annoying and time wasting experience.

So we rang up about a blue Sport that the missus had been to look at last weekend. It was not far from immaculate, so even though it was £400 over our budget, I bought it. I've got to the end of my tether with them now, looking every spare minute I have at cars that haven't been treated well.

Just a quick picture. It's a 1.6 HDi Sport. Drives really nice and it's in very good condition.

DSC_3112.jpg

Snarling? She's over joyed with the prospect of travelling in this superb piece of French engineering master class.

Having a total nightmare with Evans Halshaw!

Having a nightmare with Evans Halshaw where we went to see the Quiksilver 307. I put a deposit down on it on the provision that the work would be completed to our satisfaction. It wasn't and I want my deposit back.

They said they would repair the scratches on each of the 4 corners, fix the problem with the steering wheels being off centre, the air con not working and the clip missing on the rear head rest. They'd done 2 of the scratches, they said they would do the other 2 at a later date and the other stuff wouldn't be done.

They wanted me to pay for the whole car to, take it away and then take it back for the work to be done. They weren't prepared for us to leave it there as it was and come back when the work (all of it) was done. So I want my deposit back.

They wouldn't give it me there and then because it needed to go through the accounts department. So the saleswoman gave me a card for the manager to call on Monday to arrange my refund. I've been trying since yesterday morning to get in touch with him, left him about 6 messages. Nothing other than the saleswoman rang me back on his behalf saying they'd give it me back, minus the cost of the work they'd done to their car.

I refused and said I wanted the whole amount paid back. She said she'd ask the manager and that was the last of it.

This afternoon I spoke to the Customer care department. The woman sounded very sympathetic and like she wanted to help. She said she would get back to me. She hasn't.

Where do I turn next? A couple of the guys over on mpsoc have suggested I go and refuse to leave until I get my money back, but I'm working all weekend and I'm not sure when else I can get over there. I wanted to get this sorted by yesterday!

No Roy, they said precisely the opposite!

Anyway, randomly had a cheque in the post today! Dated from yesterday, so my guessing is that the lady from the customer care department I spoke to yesterday lunch time spoke to the dealer and told them they had to send it me. Good result and glad it's over.

get it cashed quickly....

i would have gone to see them in person - AND WOULDNT HAVE TAKEN NO FOR AN ANSWER :001_huh:

We had an issue with Evans Halshaw a couple of years back.

The car was due a service, cambelt and only had one key. They salesman agreed to sort everything, a few days later we got a phonecall to say they weren't prepared to do any of the work AT ALL! Basically they were tryign to palm it off with an overdue cambelt and service and still get the full price!

Fortunately we got the deposit back without any trouble

It's in the missus' name. So I still probably won't get it back. Lol! She's going to go and cash it tomorrow.

Never going to Evans Halshaw again.

It's in the missus' name. So I still probably won't get it back. Lol! She's going to go and cash it tomorrow.

Never going to Evans Halshaw again.

It was Evans Halshaw Sunderland that did the timing belt on my 182 and we know how well that turned out, at leat your missus has got YOUR money back to spend