• I like my 3dr, would never buy a 5dr clio

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • I would have a 5dr any day

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
As you are probably already well aware, the next generation Clio will be a 5 door only, with the rear door handles being 'hidden' to make it look like a 3 door. Is being available in 5 doors only potentially putting you off buying one, or would it depend on the style of the rest of the car?

Personally, I like the way the 3 door looks, even though it can be a pain to get into and out of in tight spaces. I don't need 5 doors so would not buy one unless I liked the style of the rest of the car, or it was the only option.

opinions please.

If it looks good with the 5 doors then why not? Easier to get the wee man in the back.

Biggest gripe I'd have with the Clio 4 is the turbo engine.

My main problem is the way they integrate the extra doors, they're going to try to hide the handles but how it's done could feel very cheap.

If it looks good with the 5 doors then why not?

Biggest gripe I'd have with the Clio 4 is the turbo engine.

agrre with that noddie maybe they will still make a 2.0 engine i mean nothings actually been published as a finalisation yet has it?

agrre with that noddie maybe they will still make a 2.0 engine i mean nothings actually been published as a finalisation yet has it?

Jeremy @ RUK says it will be a small capacity turbo in the next RS :bye2:

I cant see myself wanting to buy a 5 door Clio. Just not a fan to be honest.......but I will wait until I have seen one in the flesh until a set my decision in concrete.

My biggest problem with 5 door cars, is the dirty great hole they cut in either side of a perfectly good, rigid shell. However good (or not) the car looks, a 5 door version will never be as light and rigid as a 3 door.

For that reason. I'm out.

This year is the end of high power NA cars all manufacturers are going with smaller 1.4/1.6 litre with high pressure turbos, although ford will be dropping ST's 2.5l to 2.0l and managed to get good emissions so perhaps Renault can do the same with what I read was going with a Merc. 1.8 lump for the RS

I think they'll still be fun to drive but have the option of multiple ECU maps so you can get Eco saving mode and switch to sports mode when you need.

For me not liking the 5 door is more down to my opinion that small hot hatches should be 3 door. 5 door if they can pull it off to look like 3, then don't see why not and as for shell stiffness shouldn't be a problem just look at what subaru achieved with the impreza.

if they were to do it like the RX8 then it could be interesting... however I bet It won't look like the RX8 and will instead resemble dog turd

Whilst the 3 door looks better, the doors on the current model are a complete ball ache. They're very impractical when you are forced to park in a tight spot and when there is high wind. If you have a look at Seat and Alfa 5 door cars, they do do a good job of disguising it.

Finally, my Recaro seats are less likely to get marked if the person getting in the back doesn't have to climb over them!

if i wanted a 5 door id buy a saloon car. Think its stupid to only do a 5 door. Hatches just dont suit 5 doors, few exceptions.

Regarding engines, i tihnk it will almost def be turb charged. Look at the new Golf R. bye bye 3.2 V6, hello 2.0T