Window rubber seals!

Does anyone know how much these are from Renault? I'm talking about the strip that's down the side of the rear windows where they meet the door. Mine are cracked and peeling off!

Cheers!

Does anyone know how much these are from Renault? I'm talking about the strip that's down the side of the rear windows where they meet the door. Mine are cracked and peeling off!

Cheers!

Same with me mate, i've getting the same problem on the drivers side, passenger is fine so far.

I'll probably contact karl at SMC to see how much the rubber seals are.

mine are perished. think they were £17 from karl.

had them a good two months, havent fitted them yet...

These things cost £8 from Renault and you fit them yourself, probably not worth a group buy. If fitting properly, Renault charge around £100. Might seem a lot but when you've fitted it...you'll soon realise why.

All the sticky crud left by your old seals is hard to fully remove without removing your rear window which is the way Renault do it. I used an array of thin tools wrapped up to stop scratching the car to scrape it away...took a while as its hard to get at.

Best part is the new seals falling off already after under a month! So tempted to glue the damn things, the adhestive is utterly sh*t!!!

Youve been warned!

These things cost £8 from Renault and you fit them yourself, probably not worth a group buy. If fitting properly, Renault charge around £100. Might seem a lot but when you've fitted it...you'll soon realise why.

All the sticky crud left by your old seals is hard to fully remove without removing your rear window which is the way Renault do it. I used an array of thin tools wrapped up to stop scratching the car to scrape it away...took a while as its hard to get at.

Best part is the new seals falling off already after under a month! So tempted to glue the damn things, the adhestive is utterly sh*t!!!

Youve been warned!

I found when I did mine it was a piece of pi$$ and if you use an old credit card or alike the old glue came away easelly.The new ones went on a doddle also
There is a how to on here somewhere:wink:

howd you manage with the "self adhesive" ? When i did mine it was all cleaned up with no mess from the last seal but they just do not seem to stick well at all.

i used tardis to clean the surface, and stuck the new seal ontop of the old glue, worked fine

Youve been warned!

Soooo true...I was thinking about the same thing.