Windscreen repair insurance question.

Does anyone know whether claiming for a windscreen repair on your insurance would effect insurance premiums in the future?

I know its doesn't affect ncb and it you don't have to pay any excess if its a repair instead of a replacement I'm just not sure regarding the above.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Last edited:
I had my back window replaced through my insurance early last year. It didn't make any difference to my insurance so I wouldn't worry about it. If it did make a difference I doubt it would be anywhere near the difference in paying the windscreen excess and what a new screen would cost if you did it without your insurance company knowing.

Last edited:
ive had a chip repair and then had to pay extra when i renewed. its the first time ive ever had to do that, they were moaning that a chip repair is a claim and i should have told them!!! it was only £30 but its still annoying

Thanks. I have had a look about on the net and come to the conclusion that it would be easier to just pay for the repair, a lot of sources say that it can be classed as a claim and therefore bump up your premiums.

I managed get it done for £20 which is far better than the hassle and the risk of going through the insurance.

I know it sound odd but its true. I found an official complaint on the net regarding the advert Autoglass show as being misleading because it can have an effect on future premiums.

I have two in my screen, they've managed through this cold spell so fingers are crossed. (You watch on the way home they will go.)