Windscreen Wipers

Is it me, or do the windscreen wipers catch when you pull them up?

Seems like a stupid design fault!

My mate was messing around with my car and i noticed it.

Last edited:
My dad says he can pay for it, or hes going to the police and reporting it as criminal damage, lol.

I'm not really bothered about him doing it, as fair enough it was an accident. But i told him not to mess around with it, but he still did..

My dad says he can pay for it, or hes going to the police and reporting it as criminal damage, lol.

I'm not really bothered about him doing it, as fair enough it was an accident. But i told him not to mess around with it, but he still did..
bet he would do the same to you
tw-t:@

So it's not just my Clio that has this rediculous problem?! Anyone know what Renault designers were smoking when they thought this up? Sorry to hear it's scratched your bonnet though...but anyone lifting them can see they're rubbing on the bonnet and he must have pulled against them hard to get them to stay up!!!

I contacted Renault about this and it has something to do with pedestrian safety! Seems like a unreasonable excuse

dont get this as neither of my front wipers can be lifted more than an inch away from the screen. they both have the stop on the base to stop you lifting them till they catch.

Mine has this from the previous owner too... Its so annoying! but if its any consolation my gf's golf mk5 does the same.

Jase only one of mine has a stopper thing on one side! :S

Yeah one of my wipers has a stop on it but one doesn't - and guess what has happened to the one that hasn't.... :scared:

Do you guys know that' if you lift the bonnet up, yhe windscreen wipers lift up behind it? I saw a picture of it, but I'll try it first thing tomorrow and see if it really works. That seems even more pointless :smiley: