ZE cars

Been following the Zoe for months now... ill be putting a deposit down as soon as its ready :smile:

They have a van and a Laguna sized thing coming out soon too.

Booorrrriiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg....what fun is there in putting your foot down and not pouring out thick clouds of pollution :wink:

lmao we all wont be saying that wen road tax on a 2.0 petrol is 400 quid.

lmao it could possibly get colder with global warming . . . . .. do not be fooled by the name.

yeah looks really good how much are they going to cost?

Not sure, im betting around the 15k mark

Booorrrriiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg....what fun is there in putting your foot down and not pouring out thick clouds of pollution :wink:

Thats a kind of hypocritical remark coming from someone who is scared of the Nurburgring :tongueout:

lmao it could possibly get colder with global warming . . . . .. do not be fooled by the name.

This country will be similar to Iceland (the country, not the shed full of chavs) as the Gulf Stream will slow down/stop.

Thats a kind of hypocritical remark coming from someone who is scared of the Nurburgring :tongueout:

OK, you win. :':smile:':smile:':smile:'(

But I loved flooring the pollute pedal on my decatted Zetec S and Saxo VTS, very satisfying noise and feeling all that crap coming out the back :wink:

Don't get the same with electric cars really do you? :nope:

:hug:

OK, you win. :':smile:':smile:':smile:'(

But I loved flooring the pollute pedal on my decatted Zetec S and Saxo VTS, very satisfying noise and feeling all that crap coming out the back :wink:

Don't get the same with electric cars really do you? :nope:

:hug:

Not as such lol, but in retrospect they are powered by power stations and nuclear reactors :tongueout:

However they do have nion instantaneous torque curves :smiley:

I seriously cannot wait for the first "properly" sorted electric sports cars/hot hatches.

(Not that Tesla thing, i mean when they have seriously ironed all the technical bumps)

im with you there jaxx ive gotta say they do sound like a good buy, as once u have it u have no road tax or petrol costs. it would save you a packet.

im with you there jaxx ive gotta say they do sound like a good buy, as once u have it u have no road tax or petrol costs. it would save you a packet.

Well you say that but you do have fuel costs... as you need to charge it up lol, but currently it works out a damn site cheaper than a petrol equivelent.

Going on the "estimated" range figures of the Zoe, i worked out 300 miles will cost £60ish to do 300miles in the 200, but about 10-15quid in electricity lol, and i dont see it being far fetched that some electric cars will have "solar roofs" where the whole surface is covered in photoelectric cells, sure it might not give a full charge in our crap weather. But being parked for an 8 hour shift outside work on a normal day might put 5-10 miles of range into the car... which works out as being 100% free!

And to be quite honest a range of 100 mile for me is perfect, to go to and fro from work, plug it in at night and keep the 200 sweet and low millage, ready for the weekend, as face it, its a mega car but sitting in traffic when it cant be used is a waste lol.

Also the free tax is a fad and wont last long, it will get to the point where they will HAVE to apply road tax to electric cars when they start to take over from diesel and petrol

Im genuinely excited though, to me it feels like were stepping into the future, and most of the ZE cars look like things i used to draw in the back of my maths book :smiley:

Last edited:
yeah lol . . . . i want flying cars next though like the ones u see in films . . . "fifth element" is a good example (one of my favourite ever films)

Nah, gotta be the hovercars off Back To The Future... that would be epic on the Clio

Flip the wheels down and hoon round the back roads, or lift off and nip over to any race track you fancy in a jiffy, or the alps etc... lol

:smiley:

I suppose we have about 60+ years left of Oil, so I might just be alive when we have no choice. Until then, I always want a pollute pedal :smile:

I suppose we have about 60+ years left of Oil

Which is a total scaremongering myth lol, when i was in school in 1995 we only had 25 years left :smiley:

Anyway... itll last for much much longer... as Jay Leno said, whe the electric and hydrogen powered cars become mainstream, petrol cars and internal combustion will become play things.

Once upon a time the horse was the mainstay of transport... what happened when the IC came along... did the horse disappear?

No its used for fun, sport and recreation... thats what will happen to IC powerd cars and there will always be plenty of oil :smile:

Ill buy an electric car when they are the same price, running costs are the same, and the performance is equal to a petrol. The tesla thing is a joke. You'd be cheaper just to buy an exige and run it on race fuel.

Like everything when E-cars become main stream, just like everything else the goverment will press the rape button. Remember when diesel was a cheap alternative to petrol ?? enough said.

Running out of oil, what a load of tosh, think how many untapped resources there are in the world. Think one day the pumps will all just stop? Crude oil is here to stay for our lifetimes anway.

Sorry for a mini rant, hate dressed up save the world stuff. Its all made up statistics and lies. Show me proof. The earth naturally heats up and cools down. :swear:

Running out of oil, what a load of tosh, think how many untapped resources there are in the world. Think one day the pumps will all just stop? Crude oil is here to stay for our lifetimes anway.

Indeed. Ive got friends and collegues in the Oil and Gas industry and they just lol at the crap the media comes out with, its just bull**** to raise taxes... and perhaps justify the odd scuffle with a country you dont like :smiley:

In the real world we have only tapped something like 20-25% of the estimated total thats available, and out of that we only actually work with around 15% lol

You are more than likely correct.

There doesn't seem to be an alternative to kerosene powered aircraft emerging?! So therefore, there doesn't need to be!

:smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions