2Day Detail Underway!!!

Started to get my car cleaned up and some protection on before winter..So I started this morning and hopefully be finished tomorrow spent today with the g220 and some swirl remover..lime prime and sealant tomorrow and finish up wheels tyres + interior.Got some pics and will post up pics when done.

Right first up was to wash the car using 2BM, Clayed rinsed again and dried. Then it was into the garage masked up and ready to polish. First up was Poorboys SSR2 using lake country light cutting pad and sonus spot pad for tight spots. when i complete here there was alot of dust all over the car so i washed again and dried then it was dark so left overnight undercover. Then day 2 i started with soft buff polishing pad and some lime prime but it was giving a strange effect on the car so moved onto th red moose glaze and a lake country finessing pad to fill in what swirls were not removed with the SSR2. Then when this was complete i apllied one coat of blackfire wet diamond to the whole car and left to set for 30mins whilst this was setting i tidied up the engine bay using some back to black and dressed the tyres then i removed the blackfire using a microfibre buffing pad and then a final buff with finishing cloth. The interior was just given a quick hoover with the carpets and mats given a freshen up with some autoglym interior shampoo. Wheels were scrubed using autoglym wheels cleaner the given 2 coats of poorboys wheels sealant and tyres dressed with hot shine spray.

Products used:
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
Meguiars Smooth Clay Kit
Poorboys SSR2(applied using Lake Country Light Cutting Pad)
Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze(Applied using Lake Country Finessing Pad)
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant
Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Meguiars Hot Shine Tyre Spray
Autoglym Interior Shampoo
Raceglaze Rubber Dressing
Back 2 Black In The Engine Bay

Here Are The Pics.
100_0424.gif
100_0425.gif
100_0426.gif
100_0427.gif
100_0428.gif
100_0429.gif
100_0430.gif
All My Products to use
100_0431.gif
100_0432.gif
100_0433.gif

Last edited:
Right here is the best pics i could get with my camera of the swirls before and after the the finished product.

100_0437.gif
100_0438.gif
100_0440.gif
100_0441.gif
100_0442-1.gif

Finished shots
100_0446.gif
100_0451.gif
100_0452.gif
100_0456.gif
100_0457.gif

Last edited:
great results mate,

what sort of sub are you running, do you have an amp as well, ? as i am looking to upgrade my system further,

thanks.

Excellent results looks great! 8)

Like how you put all your products on the parcel shelf for the photo :smiley:8)

Brake disc's looks nice too.

That has come up very nice. Did you find it difficult to correct?

Yes it was hard i have the patience to stand and polish n wax by hand but correction is hard work but i suppose with more work and more experience it would be easier but mine is far from 100% perfect but im happy with it.

Yes it was hard i have the patience to stand and polish n wax by hand but correction is hard work but i suppose with more work and more experience it would be easier but mine is far from 100% perfect but im happy with it.

Certainly looks much better. I couldn't correct mine at all.

How are you liken the blackfire?

Why couldn't you correct yours at all?

I was using Sonus polishes at the time and the swirls were going nowhere :worried: I've bought some Menzenza polishes now though so hopefully they should work fine.