Advice on selling...

....those of you who have sold up lately may be able to advise me a little. I'm very nervous about the inevitable request for a test drive....how do you judge someone enough to trust them...how do you detect a time waster after a free ride?.....and what about handing over cash? How is it best to protect against a fraud?

I've just bought a 197.

When we went to see it, the owner drove the car and i sat in the passenger seat. I was fine with that, as all i wanted to know is that the car held well on the road etc.

We paid by bankers draft, you need to make sure they are genuine first though, this can be done by going to your bank and having them check it for you, or ringing the bank from where the bankers draft has come from to check the details.

Good luck with the sale.

ive got somebody looking at mine on sat very much doubt im gonna allow him to drive the car, i didnt drive it when i brought it, was mearly a passenger that was good enough for me to check for worrying noises etc

If i was buying a 197 off somebody, i really wouldnt mind being a passenger for the test drive.. you can look at somebodys driving style then and tell if its driven hard everywhere, over speed bumps ect

If you was going to give them a test drive as the driver, i would ask to see there insurance docs (make sure there covered) and licence before you let them touch it!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bucko Clio 200 Area 9
H Clio 200 Area 0
Danvdb1 Clio 197 Area 1
Roshi69 Clio 200 Area 3
welshtom1990 Clio General Chat 10