Needing advice

Hello everyone! Im a newbie to the clio rs scene and was wondering if anyone could answer me a couple questions.

Off the bat ive noticed whilst driving my clio that it seems, from my own assumption, to run very cool when motor way cruising. I’ve provided a picture to show the temp gauge whilst driving it (70 in 6th), is this normal? My only concern being that I’ve seen people on here say that they can run a bit crap when cold and if this isn’t the temp it should be running at, maybe opting for an ever so slightly thinner oil to make up for the lower running Temp?

My second query is in the lower revs my throttle seems to be jumpy, it’s as if the car doesn’t know whether to get on power or not and jumps about like a kangaroo, again I can also provide a video of me on throttle but not moving and you can see the revs jumping about but I won’t let me add it to the post. What could this be? Dirty throttle body, faulty vacuum, or faulty throttle body? I also have a primary decat which I was unaware of until speaking to the second to last previous owner and saw on another forum that this can cause a flat spot in the power delivery and whether that may be the issue? Please note the last part of the video is just me pressing on the throttle not the issue

I massively appreciate any advice and hope to absorb the wisdom in which you all obtain.

Attachments

• IMG_2170.jpeg
    IMG_2170.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 9
As an extra, the jumpy throttle is most prevalent after gear changes and getting back on power. Change gear, car has a hissy fit, is really flat with minimal torque THEN it takes off

Thermostat needs changing which is a common fault for these cars

Had the car got an after market exhaust? Remap would be needed to remove the flat spot to help alleviate the kangooring

Reactions: Bucko and Sean197
Also check your MAP sensor which is next to the oil fill cap, these have a habit of coming loose and causing jumpy symptoms. You can get brackets to hold them in place or do the ghetto fix with cable ties

Reactions: Bucko
Thermostat needs changing which is a common fault for these cars

Had the car got an after market exhaust? Remap would be needed to remove the flat spot to help alleviate the kangooring
Yea she does have an exhaust, I did see someone mention that. Would that be the cause of the temperamental throttle response too then? I took it off and cleaned it up earlier but unsure if it’s done much. I’ll get a thermostat ordered for it.

I appreciate the advice, Thank you!

Also check your MAP sensor which is next to the oil fill cap, these have a habit of coming loose and causing jumpy symptoms. You can get brackets to hold them in place or do the ghetto fix with cable ties
I’ll have a look tomorrow, I’ve only just seen your reply and I cleaned out the throttle body earlier otherwise would’ve done it today. Thank you!

No, there is a sensor on the clutch pedal which I believe the ECU reacts on which may need adjusting or is faulty although it does sound like an air leak of some sort.

No, there is a sensor on the clutch pedal which I believe the ECU reacts on which may need adjusting or is faulty although it does sound like an air leak of some sort.
ill have a look tomorrow, im hoping its something that can be sorted without rinsing my bank