Alien green Clio RS200 #under8 BTG project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those OMP subframes? How have you adjusted the need to have the seat centered with the wheel? - I've got the same Recaro seat shells and tried them with the OMP subframes, but as they don't take account for the need to shift the seat laterally to centre with the wheel, it meant the driving position was awful because the wheel wasn't dead ahead.

Are those OMP subframes? How have you adjusted the need to have the seat centered with the wheel? - I've got the same Recaro seat shells and tried them with the OMP subframes, but as they don't take account for the need to shift the seat laterally to centre with the wheel, it meant the driving position was awful because the wheel wasn't dead ahead.

See above

I guess I could have done that, iirc was I didn't have enough material left, was a while ago. Also they are so fricking low!!

Bit off topic, but do you know what make that front splitter the 200 has that you saw? That looks 10x nicer than the Renault one for the 197. Builds looking good btw, I saw an AG 200 with that light grey bumper design in Wokingham last week, looked fricking lovely on AG.

Bit off topic, but do you know what make that front splitter the 200 has that you saw? That looks 10x nicer than the Renault one for the 197. Builds looking good btw, I saw an AG 200 with that light grey bumper design in Wokingham last week, looked fricking lovely on AG.

Nah mate not sure, does look good tho!! Cheers!!

Just got back from an eventful day, everything that can go wrong did go wrong lol back from silverstone in one piece though and the cars power tested ready for my first race next week!!

573123ee82125a46114ff987279d2cae.jpg

66ad1db3e760fdc83f158b5221407b62.jpg

444548fb5d00cdcd35e535ca709b6426.jpg

Awesome thread mate, your car is turning into a little road going cup racer. [emoji2] keep us posted. [emoji106] what top mounts are you using and what's your impressions on the Gaz coil overs?

Awesome thread mate, your car is turning into a little road going cup racer. [emoji2] keep us posted. [emoji106] what top mounts are you using and what's your impressions on the Gaz coil overs?

Cheers mate!! Yeah driving it for the first time today since I started the build (however uncomfortable it was because I forgot to bring window switches so literally baked in traffic on m1) was brilliant, made all the hard work worth it!!

The gaz top mounts are fantastic so far, loads of adjustment and quality build, same as the coilovers really.

At the moment I'm running the rears on 50% damping strength and the fronts on 30% for the drive up there, took a few corners fast today (on conti sport 2 not semi slicks) and the turn in was amazing, rear end felt a little loose too which is ideal for my style of driving :smile: highly recommended.

Do the top mounts have independently adjustable camber and castor? All the usual suspects for the mk3 are just camber :worried:

Cheers mate!! Yeah driving it for the first time today since I started the build (however uncomfortable it was because I forgot to bring window switches so literally baked in traffic on m1) was brilliant, made all the hard work worth it!!

The gaz top mounts are fantastic so far, loads of adjustment and quality build, same as the coilovers really.

At the moment I'm running the rears on 50% damping strength and the fronts on 30% for the drive up there, took a few corners fast today (on conti sport 2 not semi slicks) and the turn in was amazing, rear end felt a little loose too which is ideal for my style of driving :smile: highly recommended.

That's annoying man, bet you wished you still had the air con in for that one journey. [emoji23]

Ok good, im in the market for a set of coilovers soon. I would like I set of 2 way adjustables so, I'm looking at the kW clubsports, also been looking at the AST.

The Gaz ones seem like such a bargain compared to other coilovers. Do you mind me asking how much the top mounts cost?

I know your car is not a really set up for road use, but how did they hold on the road? Where they too stiff or did they offer enough adjustability to handle well on road too?

That's annoying man, bet you wished you still had the air con in for that one journey. [emoji23]

Ok good, im in the market for a set of coilovers soon. I would like I set of 2 way adjustables so, I'm looking at the kW clubsports, also been looking at the AST.

The Gaz ones seem like such a bargain compared to other coilovers. Do you mind me asking how much the top mounts cost?

I know your car is not a really set up for road use, but how did they hold on the road? Where they too stiff or did they offer enough adjustability to handle well on road too?

The top mounts were about £160 I think, the gaz are good!! My spring rates are well stiff though so not ideal for road use really but I specified that when they made them.

I chose the GAZ because they convert the rear to single strut setup which allows me the flexibility (setup wise) to use the car on smooth uk tracks and on the ring.

I don't think you can make a bad choice though between the 3, although the ast and gaz convert to single strut so they would be my choice over KW..

Status
Not open for further replies.