Alloy wheel cleaner

Smart wheels is pretty good, feels more acidic than bilberry though.

Bilberry my favourite though!

I've been using Demon Wheels, it's not bad but nothing special.
Bottles almost empty now so I'm looking at trying something new, going to look up the Billberry juice as mentioned above

Light wash - Autofinesse Revolution
Heavy wash - pre rinse in Auto Finesse Citrus Power, spray over with Auto Finesse Imperial, followed by Auto Finesse Iron Out, finally mitt with Auto finesse revolution

Dry the wheel, inspect and any remaining stubbornness addressed with Auto Finesse Oblitarate

Jobs a good one!
Worked on White Team Dynamic Pro Race 3's, Anthracite Clio speedlines and Satin Black Clio speedlines!

Bilberry for normal washes. Dragon's Breath for buildup or deeper cleans.

I've just stocked up on Bilberry; to use as my go-to cleaner after having a selection of various half-empty bottles of cleaners lying around; having tried a few etc etc

I bought half a dozen of the Bilberry spray bottles and have never used it before. Does this need to be diluted (My wheels will never be filthy by any means) or is it pre-diluted in the bottle already ?

On my session this weekend I use AS smart wheels and was ok actually. Ran out of bilberry and still have loads of this left...

Did a decent enough job.

I've just stocked up on Bilberry; to use as my go-to cleaner after having a selection of various half-empty bottles of cleaners lying around; having tried a few etc etc

I bought half a dozen of the Bilberry spray bottles and have never used it before. Does this need to be diluted (My wheels will never be filthy by any means) or is it pre-diluted in the bottle already ?

I use a foaming spray head with Bilberry and use it neat. What you lose from using it undiluted, you gain from the foam head being less greedy on product.

The fact it foams the product up really helps with dwell time too, so it's just better all round.

Re Dragon's Breath, I've only used it twice as my wheels are rarely dirty at all! My mate recently used it on his heavily pitted 172 Cup Speedlines and it blitzed them. Amazing product considering it's ph-neutral.

In my opinion if you wash your car regurarly basis, you dont need any special wheel cleaners. Normal auto shampoo works just fine. If you need something special, any de-iron like iron-x , dragons breath etc works just fine for iron particles left by brake pads.

I use a foaming spray head with Bilberry and use it neat. What you lose from using it undiluted, you gain from the foam head being less greedy on product.

The fact it foams the product up really helps with dwell time too, so it's just better all round.

Re Dragon's Breath, I've only used it twice as my wheels are rarely dirty at all! My mate recently used it on his heavily pitted 172 Cup Speedlines and it blitzed them. Amazing product considering it's ph-neutral.
When you refer to a foaming spray head do you mean an attachment for a pressure washer?
Think I need to invest in one...

If you have an Autosmart dealer near you, you can pick up 5l of Smart Wheels for around £15. I dilute mine 5:1 in a foaming spray bottle and it lasts ages. I normally use normal shampoo in a bucket with the halfords alloy wheel wash mitt and associated brushes.

Reactions: sevenfourate

Similar Thread Suggestions