American football.....

MikeH

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Have we got any other fans on here?

ive really got into it again this last couple of years, even took to watching the college games on saturdays when im not out, amazing to see crowds over over 100k in attendance for just the college games

I prefer to watch the highlights programs as opposed to full on live events.

Also really enjoy watching the programs about the sports greatest players/teams.

I dont mind the espn highlights of the college games as they pretty much show the full game action, the sky ones are a bit short my liking, however the analysis is much better on sky.

ive found the college game a bit slower so you get to see a bit more of how the play designs come about, i cant concentrate and focus as easily on the nfl games to pick up the plays as easily yet!!

I watched a Super Bowl when I couldn't sleep once, I didn't like it. Stop and start all the while, was tedious.

Currently watching oklahoma v tulsa on espn!

I'm a big nfl fan. Go to Wembley every year for an international series game (going to the Raiders v Dolphins game in a few weeks).

Personally I support the New York Jets. Can't understand people who don't get it, there's always something going on. Need to watch the formations to see what each team of a trying to set up.

Good man Paddy, its looking slightly one-side shall we say, to be expected against a #4 i guess!

a mate a work has a great way of describing the game - "like playing chess with people"

enjoyed quite a few of the cfb games last week, kenny hill looks a pretty decent replacement for manziel

a mate a work has a great way of describing the game - "like playing chess with people"

enjoyed quite a few of the cfb games last week, kenny hill looks a pretty decent replacement for manziel

Most definitely chess with people. I've use that analogy more than once myself.

Didn't see the A&M game but heard it was good with an excellent QB display. I did watch the Penn State v UCF game from Croke Park in Dublin though. Great second half esp from UCF when they switched QBs. Also watched a bit of the Florida State game, Jamis Winston has definitely had better days yet still managed a win. Looking forward to Virginia Tech v Ohio State tonight.

Currently reading a book called 'take your eye off the ball' about how to watch American Football. It's very good and fairly easy to understand. Would highly recommend if your interested in the game at all.

Last edited:
Cheers, sounds like a book i could do with having a go of

Yeah, couldnt quite understand that one at croke park, they had the more experienced of the 3 qb's in reserve, only thing i could think of was them wanting to try a difference in their play style, although it doesnt make sense when they looked so much better after the change.

Was a different team after the change, we're very unlucky to loose that game.

I think the book is by Pat Kirwin or something similar. Go for the 'playbook' edition as it comes with a dvd to help a bit more.

I'm a massive Raiders fan and love my NFL. Been watching 25 years now since I was a nipper. Try to go over to the States and watch as much as possible. Love love love it.... favourite sport by a mile (other then RenaultSport of course) :smile:

Whats your thoughts for the new nfl season Lee? I cant believe no-one is tipping the seahawks to repeat, they took the packers experienced offense apart after doing the same to denver in the superbowl, they look even better going forward now than last season. I reckon they'll go the distance again if they can keep their two starting lines fit

[MENTION=5350]Leeg320[/MENTION] you heading to the Wembley games at the end of the month?

Yeah, the Seahawks are looking like a team that will be very very hard to beat. I would have said the Broncos too but Wes Welker went and got himself suspended for 4 games so that's a big bit if their offence gone and Mannings no1 target out of the equation for a quarter of the season.

Whats your thoughts for the new nfl season Lee? I cant believe no-one is tipping the seahawks to repeat, they took the packers experienced offense apart after doing the same to denver in the superbowl, they look even better going forward now than last season. I reckon they'll go the distance again if they can keep their two starting lines fit

Hi [MENTION=1806]MikeH[/MENTION]. I would have to agree that the Seahawks have a great chance of repeating. But as you now is this game once the playoffs are on anything can happen. With Percy Harvin back for a full season then they have more weapons on offence to. I suppose it depends on the 49ers stepping in and getting a couple of wins against them to knock them off home field advantage.

@Leeg320 you heading to the Wembley games at the end of the month?

Yeah, the Seahawks are looking like a team that will be very very hard to beat. I would have said the Broncos too but Wes Welker went and got himself suspended for 4 games so that's a big bit if their offence gone and Mannings no1 target out of the equation for a quarter of the season.
[MENTION=4792]Paddy_R[/MENTION] I am heading to Wembley for Raiders v Dolphins. My Dad is part of the chain crew and will have prime viewing !! Broncos will be fine much to my dismay. However the AFC Teams have got a little stronger and could pinch some wins against them.

In that case I'll see you in The Green Man pub for some pre game beverages! The Jets play the raiders tomorrow, could be close.

Last edited: