Anyone tempted.....

you have to have deep pockets to bring this back to life..nice motor nevertheless

Unless you are as RS Cosworth enthusiast you wouldn't know where to start looking for the problems. I'd be changing more than the oil!

Buy for £15k spent £££££ then ask for £££££££. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Hope it turns out to be a honest car and ends up with the right owner. A local guy I knew had a Sierra RS Cosworth 500 and took it to all the shows etc. Beautiful car, his daily drive was a Nissan Micra!

Blimey would love it!

Army base up road from me I went in once and in the car park there's a sierra cosworth just rotting away neglected for about 20 years.

Very nice. Would love this :smile: Remember my dad taking me out in a moonstone blue one of these when they were new, those were the days :smile:

That is the bargain of the century for the right person. If someone bought that, could source parts and do the work themselves it would be a very very good investment.

The one below is lower mileage but look at the price!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603111872955

If I had 15k knocking about in a savings account and somewhere to store and work on this I would be buying it yesterday!

I genuinely know someone who sold one at around the same price recently.

I also went to school with someone who has an all original 500 in White with around 50k on the clock from memory - that was offered £50k within the last 2 or 3 months and laughed in their faces.

Hence my original post !

Wow I didn't realise these commanded this sort of money these days. What is going on in this world!?

Wow I didn't realise these commanded this sort of money these days. What is going on in this world!?

I saw a pretty mint and standard (But not incomprehensible) Series one RS Turbo SELL @ £49k. I THINK it was featured in Fast Ford magazine.

There have been RS500's offered at £100k.

I saw a pretty mint and standard (But not incomprehensible) Series one RS Turbo SELL @ £49k. I THINK it was featured in Fast Ford magazine.

There have been RS500's offered at £100k.
Wow... Just wow! I am having a few bevvies tonight after a tiling session but am still struggling to comprehend. I had a friend with a mint RS turbo who was an obsessive compulsive. He had his bare metal resprayed and hand polished to remove the orange peel finish, it was better than new. Didn't realise these were getting into Porsche money :smile:

Wow... Just wow! I am having a few bevvies tonight after a tiling session but am still struggling to comprehend. I had a friend with a mint RS turbo who was an obsessive compulsive. He had his bare metal resprayed and hand polished to remove the orange peel finish, it was better than new. Didn't realise these were getting into Porsche money :smile:

As Mattb_197 says - i think £15k is somewhat of a steal.

More than anything - i just feel the urge to want to clean that thing !

Reactions: Gordini
I also noted earlier - at the bottom of the ad it says "498 days old"........ :smile:

****The ad came up on my Facebook page - and i just linked it here knowing we're all petrolheads ! Hadnt seen it was such an old ad originally.

The thing is these cars will sit for years until the right buyer comes along. If you had £40k in your hand would you buy a Clio V6 hoping it will go up in value? Your heart says yes your head says no way! And if you did buy a £40k V6 you would be so paranoid about driving it that it would just sit their. I understand that people buy cars like works of art and others for an investment it just knowing what and when to buy. They say the only way to invest money is in classic cars, watches and whiskey.

Take your pick. An old Ford Sierra or a nice Aston? Your childhood memories or feeling like James Bond going to Tesco. :think: