Banks...ARGHHH!

What a ****ing palarva!

Me, my misses, my mate and his misses all bought some flights to my villa in Turkey the other week. Slapped it all on my Barclaycard for extra payment protection etc (the normal reasons why you put something on card) rather than over stretching someones debit account.

Mate and his misses clump together their half and go into a Barclays branch with £480 cash to pay off my BarclayCard.

Week passes and i still see nothing. They go into the branch and the branch admits an error and says i should receive the money shortly.

Another week passes. Still no money. I phone Barclaycard who report NO amount of money is in the pipeline onto my card. So my mate goes into the branch and they say that the money is sat there waiting to go onto my credit card BUT because i phoned and queried this morning its been frozen and should have been given an incident number.

They were told its nothing to do with the branch, its my end causing the problems.

I phoned Barclaycard, told them this. They are still adament they can see no payment, theyve frozen nothing and its the branch at fault.

Great, so now im going round in circles and currently £480 out of pocket.

How hard is it these days to pay some cash into a bank to pay off a bloody card!!??!!??

Rant over. Im fuming.

why does this not surprise me with that lot......they did some right crap on me a few years back - they even lied in letters once they knew i was on to their incompetence :shout:

to cut a long story short i closed the account and got compensation :thumbup:

phone them up and ask for the complaints procedure - you wish to make a complaint !!!!

Ill speak to the woman who has been dealing with those who paid the money into my account. If i get nothing...then i will complain.

Going to go back to money hidden under my bed i think.

Ill speak to the woman who has been dealing with those who paid the money into my account. If i get nothing...then i will complain.

Going to go back to money hidden under my bed i think.

i wouldnt let them off anymore...they are wasting your time - go straight to complaint procedure - you owe them nothing loyalty wise after this situation...

But do i file a complaint with Barclays or Barclaycard?

i would start at the bank - they have been tasked to pay a due demand - if when they investigate they come back with evidence they are not at fault then go at barclaycard!!!

it was barclaycard that i had my issues with - i wouldnt pay them in washers proper incompetent and a bunch of liers when i had them over the handling of my account :thumbdown:

Joke isnt it.

In this day and age, how hard can it be to go into a branch with a wedge of cash, tell them you want this much paid off this credit card and to get it done right...its not difficult!

I did however say to the other couple that it would be easier to arrange the payment online via my barclaycard online payment section but they made the decision they wanted to do it via a branch.

Deadmau5, they wont release the cash as they believe Barclaycard have received the payment and frozen it. But Barclaycard insist they havent seen a penny of this £480

Joke isnt it.

In this day and age, how hard can it be to go into a branch with a wedge of cash, tell them you want this much paid off this credit card and to get it done right...its not difficult!

it is indeed!

what annoys me is they treat the money in your account as theirs.....it proper winds me up :argue: