Battery warning light

My battery warning lights keeps coming up after 10-15 minutes of driving I've changed the battery and checked that it's charging properly and nothing ever changes on the car any help would be welcome before it goes to Renault on Wednesday

I'm also getting this on a 57 plate 197. I've owned the car for 6 weeks now and it seems to happen only within the first 10-15mins driving slowly around town. Once the revs get up its no problem. I've seen other people talking about alternator problems or cabling issues? Any advice would be welcome!

mines the same, doesn't effort the cars performance or the way it drives hours after it popping up, ive had my alternator tested and its fine so only guess is cables somehwere.. its just annoying but its been like it for a good 5 months now :smiley: oh well, take it to renault if your that worried about it and they will have it on ramp and check it all if they dont automatically say yeah need a new alternator.
if they do say that ask for a guaranty to say this will fix it all :smile:

Do you have a mulit meter? A quick test you could do would show if the alternator is charging properly or not

With the engine off, test the voltage at the battery. Should be >12v.
Start the car, test the voltage again, should be >14v and rise as you rev the car.

Yer I've checked to make sure it's charging properly and it is ,it hasn't had any affect on the performance on the car it's just annoying me so hopefully they'll get it sorted if they do say the alternator needs changing I'll say can I have it in writing that this will solve the problem :biggrin:

Just got the car back from Renault and they say it's the alternator but wanted £550 to replace it so I said I'll have it back and get it replaced elsewhere

think euro car parts or somewhere similar were doing exchanged alternators at a very good price, but obviously Renault will say it has to be through them for some money :smile:
let me know if you get somewhere with this !

Had the alternator changed a couple of weeks ago and was all running good but the past couple of days it's been flashing up again not as much and not for as long a period of time like before but enough to bug me so once I've got a it more money and ticked a few other things off my list to do I think it'll be going to have all the wires checked out