Beanys RB 200 cup

Small update

Sadly gripper still not fitted however courtesy of @R27WTF Matt supplied me with a new clutch and slave for when the car does eventually get booked in! Sadly with the mrs ready to pop having our 2nd it’s on the back burner.

I managed to get an RB bonnet abit ago and finally round to installed in the aerocatchs

Did manage to drag the Clio out today and give it a much needed clean as it’s been in dire need.

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2144.jpeg

99 problems but a roof scoop ain’t one… shower cap coming in useful

Cadwell Prep

Not the post I have originally had envisaged but here we are..

After the baguettes hard work of doing the gearbox and cambelt it was kindly recommended to change the brake pads

I had already a new set of carbon Lorraine rc6 pads so not the end of the world.

Got the on axle stands Sunday to find the impact driver needing charging so it turned into a Monday job.

Took the pins out of the passenger side perfect, came to the drivers and the top one was a breeze… however the lower was seized to hell. Couldn’t find my hacksaw so the neighbours came in handy to cut the pin.

After much swearing, bashing involving the father in law it finally budged. Relief!!

Ordered a new set of mr pink pins hopefully arriving soon then can hopefully get prep done before Cadwell next week

Callipers need refurbing at some point, but track car yo!

IMG_6974.jpeg

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6973.jpeg

To be continued…

Last edited:
Nothing like leaving a job till the week before a track day. Least you’ve sorted most of it now rather than having to do it on a track day.
You ran the RC6’s previously?

Reactions: Beany