Benefits of Clio V6 airbox

What are the benefits/gains of the clio V6 airbox? I hear lots of people talking about them but not sure if it is worth the effort. I can get one cheap so may do it if there are gains to be had.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
like mosts mods this side of £500 on the Clio...mixed views bu more positive than neg. Gains are small but more lower to mid grunt and induction noise. Car would need mapping after it so you can put £300 on top of costs....

I does when a performance company near me order 5 at a time :wink:

Lol ok thanks :wink:

like mosts mods this side of £500 on the Clio...mixed views bu more positive than neg. Gains are small but more lower to mid grunt and induction noise. Car would need mapping after it so you can put £300 on top of costs....

Ok cool, I already the KTEC catback exhaust and am considering the decat, this airbox and a remap :smile:

Would it really need a remap after changing the airbox? I thought that was the point of AFM that the standard map accounts for the fluctuation in air coming in!

Do the Clio CUP racers not have a V6 airbox?

Rich

For n-th time :smiley: :

Clio with:
Miltek, K&N panel filter and remap
VS

Miltek, V6 airbox and remap (the same one)

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap-VS-Miltek--remap.jpg

It's not just the peak power but the power/torque increase at lower rpms.

In this setup (Miltek, V6 airbox and remap) my car ran great.

P.S. The "REMAP" is the same before & after the remap (I didn't remap the car to suit the V6 airbox).

im pretty sure if you can get one of them smaller/thinner batteries you can get away with just removing the batterys box/cover. im not 100% thou.