Best Tyre Dressing?

Hi all, recently purchased my 197 lux and new to the detailing part. Wondered which tyre dressing I should be purchasing. Regards

Depends on the look you want really.

Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel does what it says on the bottle really. Lasts a good time, is really glossy with just one coat but does suffer from sling (the product slinging off onto the body work. Happens no mattter how thin you put it on. Though it just wipes off).

The other I use is Zaino Perfect Tyre Gloss. This can by layered for the look you want from matt (1coat), satin (2 coats) to gloss (3 coats). Its a great product and lasts well, just not as long as the Meguiars but doesn't sling anywhere near as much.

The key as always is good preparation. Make sure your tyres are clean. Spray them with a weak APC solution and scrub with a stiff brush to get the tyres clean. This helps reduce sling from your tyre product of choice.

i just use autoglym,cheap,easy to use and just makes the tyres look like they did when they were new,none of this bling bling factor

an added bonus is you can add more coats and buff if you like the really shiney effect

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001156BBA/?tag=clio197-21

I've got that but it lasts all of a day I've found.

I know It sounds stupid/cheap, but turtle wax black in a flash is brilliant for restoring tyres/plastics. It's an aerosol and lasts a good few weeks. And is a bargain at around £3 for what it is

I used to have this stuff, smelled like coconut, absolutely amazing.

Agree with above though, it never lasts. Bit of a waste of time :worried:

i use turtle wax wet and black, i paint it on and theres no fling if you let it dry for half hour. i normally put it on before i wax the car

We stock Dodo Juice Supernatural Tyre Dressing and Dodo Juice Tyromiania Tyre Wax. Both are very good products.

Supernatural is fairly conventional but high quality, whereas Tyromania is completely unique and rather unusual.

Carplan tyre silk has won in one of the auto mags for 5years in a row. So thought i'd try it at £4 and its actually not that bad lol

Meguires tyre gel has been the best one i have used so far

Looks ok but it is VERY slingy even when put on dry tyres with the applicator and left over night.

Swissvax penu gets my vote also :thumbup1:

i ran out of tyre shine and ended up just grabiing my Chemical Guys new look trim gel. and i am going to use that from now on.

gives a mint shine for days and days.

i ran out of tyre shine and ended up just grabiing my Chemical Guys new look trim gel. and i am going to use that from now on.

gives a mint shine for days and days.

That's all I use mine for, it p*sses all down your paint if you use it on any trim I find. Does a good job on the tyres though.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
littleg78 Wheels and Tyres 16
D Wheels and Tyres 5
H Wheels and Tyres 7
jamesgw200 Wheels and Tyres 62
james_h Detailing 15