Best Wax for Nimbus

Anyone had experience with a wax that leaves nimbus grey looking like a mirror?

I'm currently looking at collinite 845? Good? Bad?

I don't want anything that is breaking the bank though! ;/

Collinite is a good durable wax but its hard to use (esp remove). Red Mist (by Dodo Juice) is a spray sealant and does the same job as the Collinite and has the same issue when it comes to removing. Both are good products if used correctly.

Finish is all in the preparation of the paint. A good paint cleaner/light polish (eg autoglym super resin polish) will help loads as will a good glaze (eg Prima Amigo) to get that good finish.

I dont know if its best for Nimbus but i can say it is pretty good .. Much depends how good shape your lacquer of the car is..
My opinion is that Collinite 915 what i use.

small.jpg

full.jpg

small.jpg

small.jpg

Collinite is a good durable wax but its hard to use (esp remove). Red Mist (by Dodo Juice) is a spray sealant and does the same job as the Collinite and has the same issue when it comes to removing. Both are good products if used correctly.

Finish is all in the preparation of the paint. A good paint cleaner/light polish (eg autoglym super resin polish) will help loads as will a good glaze (eg Prima Amigo) to get that good finish.

I personally think 845 is really easy to remove. It is a good wax, I've gone for tough coat to see what that's like!

I personally think 845 is really easy to remove. It is a good wax, I've gone for tough coat to see what that's like!

You need to try something like Swissvax Best of Show then. It will be a real eye opener in ease to remove terms.

You need to try something like Swissvax Best of Show then. It will be a real eye opener in ease to remove terms.

I'd love to try it, bit out my price range lol! Relatively New to all this but I did get on really well with collinite.

SIGNED! come off a doddle even if left overnight.

So they should for the price of Swissvax kit, I was talking to one of the guys up at Swissvax about this a while back, as with the collinite i was using at the time it was a total B!TCH to get off. He told me with a good wax it shouldn't matter if its been on for an hour or a week it should still wipe off nice and easy.

My next wax will be Swissvax (due to my budget, probably onyx)

Never had any problems with collinite. Super easy to wipe off.

All depends how clean and good condition your paintwork is.

So they should for the price of Swissvax kit, I was talking to one of the guys up at Swissvax about this a while back, as with the collinite i was using at the time it was a total B!TCH to get off. He told me with a good wax it shouldn't matter if its been on for an hour or a week it should still wipe off nice and easy.

My next wax will be Swissvax (due to my budget, probably onyx)

Robo, just get best of show, yes, yes it's £200 but you will get 40-50 coats out of it!!! So it's like £5 a time and a coat will last a good 4-6 months minimum.

I go over the top and put 3 coats on at a time over 3 days when I won't use the car and it's left in the garage but my god it makes cleaning a doddle.

Similar Thread Suggestions