Best wax for Racing Blue

What would people recommend for racing blue?
At the moment it has dodo juice supernatural on, but it didnt really seem to do much for the colour really

Blue velvety hard wax though isn't it? Mate tbh I'd just give it 2 goes over with red mist tropical then a basics of bling detailer

Blue velvety hard wax though isn't it? Mate tbh I'd just give it 2 goes over with red mist tropical then a basics of bling detailer

Yes, Blue Velvet is a hard wax. Purple Haze is the soft wax alternative.

Red Mist will offer reasonable protection (especially considering how easy it is to apply) but this protection will probably last for a few weeks, whereas you'd get a few months (or more) of protection out of a Dodo Juice wax.

There's also the new Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz, which is a spray sealant, so it should be similar to Red Mist in terms of application but similar to a hard wax in terms of durability. We've just got it in and I'm yet to try it out, but it sounds very impressive.

I like swissvax best of show, epic wax imo

Very easy to use, lasts for ever, top marks for bringing colour out.

568de896-0df0-68c3.jpg

568de896-0eaf-f8de.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
went and had a 2 hour chat with Kelli at KDS detailing about it all.

amazing what companies gumph on products will make people buy. he showed me loads of pics, basically proving that all these different colour waxes is a load of tosh.

its all in the finish of the paint, all a wax can do it provide a protective layer.

So its getting booked in for a complete machine polish and a coat of GTechnix

Acrylic from dodo juice that is mine!!! The acrylic based products are better for metallic paints sent they?

So its getting booked in for a complete machine polish and a coat of GTechnix

Coloured wax is just for people who can't swirl remove imo as it fills the swirls or that's the impression I get.

Car should look like new and GTechnix is very good gear.

Just don't waste your money by a poor wash technique ask them to show you how to wash it properly and buy the basics to keep it looking like it does when they have done with it.

Coloured wax is just for people who can't swirl remove imo as it fills the swirls or that's the impression I get.

Car should look like new and GTechnix is very good gear.

Just don't waste your money by a poor wash technique ask them to show you how to wash it properly and buy the basics to keep it looking like it does when they have done with it.

To be honest given the cost of some cleaning products I'm more likely to have them was it once a month for 30 quid

You shouldn't need top bollox products if it's just been done.

A proper wash technique is worth £100s in products.

Says me how is swissvax mad lol.

a good quality wax is worth paying money for the protection. but in terms of paying for the different colours in the hopes it will enhance the cars colour is a load of rubbish.

I will probably continue using dodo juice supernatural. just a clear, good protection

Similar Thread Suggestions