Better seats

I did a track day today at Oulton and my only complaint was the lack of support offered by the standard 200 seats.

I'm considering fitting some racing seats and harnesses but I want the finished installation to look 'factory' and also avoid any MOT quibbles further down the road.

Any suggestions?

-I don't like the Renault Recaros, they sit far too high for my liking.

I can't help with seats but regarding harnesses:

Unless you have a cage, don't. They stop you ducking in the event of a roll.

They also are impractical for everyday use, such as leaning forward to look out at junctions.

Try a CG-Lock first, might kill two birds with one stone and save yourself a load of cash and messing about. :wink:

I run standard seats with a CG lock on track in mine and found it to be fine, and that's compared to usually running around in my 172 Cup with bucket seat and harness.

Without the CG I can see the standard chairs would be a bit compromised, but with, I had no complaints at all.

Fantastic little devices!

Depending on how much of a discount and when, then I'd be interested potentially.

Not actually used one myself but everything I've ever read about them is good.

did you consider maybe recaro pole position seats? my friend has got them in his a3 and they are excellent (design + perfect holding), and the price is ok.

You 'can' slide your seat right back, lock your seatbelt off by pulling on it and then slide the seat back into the driving position. This will lock the seatbelt tightly to replicate the CG lock effect, whilst also still disconnecting from the button if required.

Top tip: I'd advise unplugging pretensioners first :tongueout:

haha yeah - I hadnt thought about the pretensioner

You 'can' slide your seat right back, lock your seatbelt off by pulling on it and then slide the seat back into the driving position. This will lock the seatbelt tightly to replicate the CG lock effect, whilst also still disconnecting from the button if required.

Top tip: I'd advise unplugging pretensioners first :tongueout: