197: Bloody Renault Wolverhampton Strike again!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Booked my car in for the other half to take in yesterday. She took it in and explained that the problem could be what gaz had on his cup. The car already spent 3 days with Renault Wolverhampton for the water getting in the boot, which they failed to fix.

I get a phone call about 3.30 yesterday saying they need the car overnight, possibly until Monday!!!!!! Ok, so they keep it overnight and today, about 11.30, I had a phone call saying the car is ready to collect.

Being in my work van, I decided to go and pick the card up and collect the car off the car park later, because I didn't think I would be able to get there and collect before they closed at 5.15.

I asked them to go and pick my missus up, but they said they couldn't, this is after they dropped her off yesterday and I asked them to pick her up when I arranged to take the car in, plus they charge for a courtesy car!

So, collected the car, in a rush as usual, drove it home, got changed, went and played badminton. Came out and went to out the my racket in the b oot and notice that the bumper doesn't look right.

Not only have they not put the 3 clips in place on the left hand side, but the boot lid in now catching and rubbing on the bumper and has already (even after only driving about 14 miles) left a line in the paintwork.

So flipping annoyed. So 4 and a half days for 1 boot leak. They had time to clean the car and leave white streaks all over it, but didn't have time to check the bumper is fitted back correctly. It's obvious when you look at the back of the car.

Do I

a. refit the dam thing myself and drive the car.
b. take the car bac on Monday morning and not worry about the paint, and tell them I want it sorting out.
c. take the car back Monday, but not drive the car to make sure the paint is ok.
d. sell it this weekend? Lol! (not actually an option)!

take it back and point out their shabby work and what THEY need to do to make it right!!!

E. Post some pics of it on here so we can all tell how you **** they are and make you feel MUCH better about it all lol :hug:

I wouldn't stand for that though mate, get them to sort it asap if I was you.

Take it back mate. And as fox said, Point out what they have not done and get them to fix it!

Im starting to wonder if there is actually any Renault dealers that don't need 5 attempts to fix somthing!

Rang them this morning and persuaded the guy at the service desk to have a look. Took it up for just after 10.30, they had a quick look, 15 mins later they had put the clips back in. But the bumper and the boot lid don't have the same gap all the way along, it's still a bigger gap at the right hand side than the left. The mechanic said that they have just popped it back in so it's not rubbing and if I want more work done to it to book it in on Monday. I'll give it a few weeks to see if the water is no longer getting in the boot before I book it in. That way if the problem still hasn't been fixed I can get them to do the 2 at the same time.

Whilst I was there there was a guy with a brand new 200 Gordini telling the sales guy how unhappy he was with the paint on the bootlid!

Ive never had a problem with renault wolverhampton, always been very helpful.

Except Smiths Peterborough! :wink:

I'd of took it back and made them sort it too!

Nice to see that some dealers provide the service expected and deserved by its customers.

I have had nothing but problems with Renault Bolton so that's why my expectations are so low. Don't get me wrong though the car has been amazing and luckily the problems have always been minor. The issue is all the problems should have all been covered under warranty but due to Renault Bolton being a waste of time fobbing me off I ended up just paying to get the problems rectified as its less stressful than wasting my time arguing with the stealers.

why do people use main dealers? honestly? Techincians are on bonus to do jobs as fast as physically possible. They have no association with customers and on the whole they switch of the second the go home and couldn't give a stuff as they'll be back doing the same thing the next day.

why do people use main dealers? honestly? Techincians are on bonus to do jobs as fast as physically possible. They have no association with customers and on the whole they switch of the second the go home and couldn't give a stuff as they'll be back doing the same thing the next day.

I take mine up to Audi near me, because my brother works there and I get staff rates. I'm also mates with them up there and know that they care that they do their jobs right.

Because they don't charge when it's under warranty. Which isn't up until January.

Which is a good point!

Have you posted anything on the Renault Sport forums?

Nope, don't really use it tbh. Did start posting up a little bit more. Do you think I should?

is it sorted now? (water in the boot) :smile:

Can't say yet mate, only had a little bit of rain since Friday. But it is dry at the moment. They said there was a gromet out of place, but I'm not sure it will fix the problem, or if it will be the same as your's gaz and I will need to take it back again.

I've had an issue with some unsatisfactory work done by Renault Birmingham over the last few weeks.

To be fair they did attempt to do a half decent job (3 attempts mind) and in the end I said I'll do it myself as it became clear it wasn't going to happen.

In the end spoke to the manager and got a cheque back in the post for the labour costs.

This was the first time I have taken a car in for work in 3 years as I usually do all my own work, I've just been that busy I had no choice unfortunately.. and sadly I knew there was a chance it wouldn't get done right.

I think you have to decide if you want them to carry on working on your car. I made a choice to say sod it I'll have the money back and do it my self as they were never going to get it right (if you want a job doing properly do it yourself and all that). .. however as you appear to be having work under warranty not sure how you stand..

I would certainly say something to the manager as I did. Explain the problems you've been having and ask what they are going to do about it. I would be interested to see how they stand on you getting it put right somewhere else and them footing the bill?

You will be better of when your warranty runs out Arran
Because you can get reliable people to sort your nibbling little probs sorted because warranty work at the stealers is done by muppets who have no time for you.Hope all gets sorted for you soon mate

Similar Thread Suggestions