bloomin dealers!

Just washed my car today for the first time after I had the dealers pick my car up, service it and return it to me. Ive noticed a 6-8 inch long split in my front bumper splitter :@

I know it wasnt me, as I dont park up to any kerbs, both at home and work. I would of heard it crack anyways...but im super careful when parking.

Can only presume the dealer didnt realise how low they are! Can't really prove it was them though.

Gutted to say the least..think there about £130 to replace, unless I can get it plastic repaired?

Dealers eh?! :chair:

not good :001_unsure: the standard rubber lips are £130 and the rs splitters are usually £150 so not cheap either way !

Just ask them, they might own up to it if you are forcefull. They should always check the car for damage and make any notes of any before having the keys.

Just washed my car today for the first time after I had the dealers pick my car up, service it and return it to me. Ive noticed a 6-8 inch long split in my front bumper splitter :@

I know it wasnt me, as I dont park up to any kerbs, both at home and work. I would of heard it crack anyways...but im super careful when parking.

Can only presume the dealer didnt realise how low they are! Can't really prove it was them though.

Gutted to say the least..think there about £130 to replace, unless I can get it plastic repaired?

Dealers eh?! :chair:

Feel sorry for you mate. It must of been soo frustrating when you noticed the bumper damaged. Wouldn't of been so bad if you knew it was your fault, you could learn from it, but when it's someone elses, dealers especially when they charge the earth anyway I would be phoned them up and played hell!!!

Hoep you get it fixed mate. :smiley:

Cheers everyone....it just puts a downer on the whole experience...even though its a small split, it messes with my OCD! lol

The dealers were a joke from the start... they forgot they were picking it up, then they qouted me 298, but then said cos im just out of my warranty its only 198. When they finished the service, they phoned and said....298 please.....I said...dont think so. 'but sir this is the sport model and uses more expensive oil. I said I know that, but I gave you my reg, you repeated back to me 197 F1, and qouted me 198. They honoured it though, in fairness. Just obviously cant park one with a splitter!

Dealers should of done a pre check when they took it off you. If they didn't make note of a broken splitter and there is one when they hand it back then it must of happened in there hands.

Fight it, if they don't own up then fight it some more. Contact RUK after.