Brake Caliper Painting

Slowly falling out of love with my 197 due to motorway miles and lack of time to get out and drive it how it should be drove.

Been thinking about getting my brakes painted for sometime now, and i think i would like the idea of having the alien green (or lime green) colour of the 200 on my brakes.

think it would stand out for sure and give it a little bit of a twist to the usual red .

Anyone know a decent place that would be willing to do this for me?

Preferably in the West Yorkshire area?
:thumbup1:

I knew you would be first to reply, and i knew you would say that :tongueout:

I dont no if i dare.

Would i have to take the calliper off? or just the wheel?

when i did mine i masked off the fixing bolts on the front along with the bleed screws and removed the retaining pins also - but left them bolted to the hubs

the rears i unbolted and just lifted them up a bit to paint - you can do it in position - i think gazfish has done his that way

if you do paint them clean them really well take your time and make sure the paint is well mixed - i used hammerite smooth - 2 coats

:biggrin:

Have you got a link for the stuff you used mate?

Can just see me unbolting and then not putting it back properly and not been able to brake. Suppose its all a learning curve :scared:

Have you got a link for the stuff you used mate?

Can just see me unbolting and then not putting it back properly and not been able to brake. Suppose its all a learning curve :scared:

which stuff ?

paint - local diy shop
masking tape - local diy shop
brake cleaner - local motorist shop/halfords
3mm punch for front caliper pins

unbolting rear calipers - 15mm & 13mm spanners

soft bristle paint brush - local diy shop

which stuff ?

paint - local diy shop
masking tape - local diy shop
brake cleaner - local motorist shop/halfords
3mm punch for front caliper pins

unbolting rear calipers - 15mm & 13mm spanners

soft bristle paint brush - local diy shop

You'll do for me!

Cheers

Maybe see you Wednesday if i make it

be interesting to see these.
I'm considering this too, but one thing I'm guessing is its cheaper (and prob easier) to do than buy some red Brembo calipers and swap them?