Brake pads and discs

Hello all,

I desperatly need to order new discs and pads all round. I realise this is going to be costly but could anyone recommend a site where these parts may be a little bit cheaper?

I was just ging to use Renault Parts Direct but they dont seem that cheap, anyone able to help out?

Thanks for any and all help!

http://www.nextdaybrakes.com/ for the Front Discs.

www.worldofpartsltd.co.uk for the Pads and Rear Discs. :smile:

All genuine parts and I think the fronts set me back £130 all in (for the fronts) last time using the above shops.

Oh, don't forget you'll need 2 sets of Caliper Pins too for the front (one for each side), which is around another £45.

Last edited:
Karl on here (TwingoGeekeo, I think I've spelt that right) is well priced too.

No probs!!! :smile:

Were you planning on doing the work yourself? If you've never done the fronts on one of these before, they can be a bitch. If they've not been done previously then the pads will probably be stuck inside the caliper (bit of ''persuasion'' with a mallet will sort that) and the pins often end up bending. I cut my pins to help get them out. Make sure you whack a load of Copperslip on the new pads and pins to save yourself a headache next time. :wink:

I'll be away for two weeks so i'm just going to get my neighbour to drop it off at a garage to get them done, saves me the headache :wink:

Thanks for the advice, useful for next time!

Any garage will do it, but if it does turn into a ballache with seized pads etc., then depending on the garage they might up the bill...

Worth noting that even if places like nextdaybrakes are cheaper than twingogeekeo they won't have the black paint around the hubs like the renault parts do so will start to look rusty after a while

Worth noting that even if places like nextdaybrakes are cheaper than twingogeekeo they won't have the black paint around the hubs like the renault parts do so will start to look rusty after a while

Very good point Ben, need to make sure that they are genuine Ren parts otherwise they will look awful within a month or two. End of the day though if you just want the cheapest then the quality will be less.

Exact same part, just the paint that's missing. You do notice the discolouration after a month or so to be honest, but it doesn't bother me. :smile:

You could even DIY, it's all pretty easy to do.

I'll second that - have just fitted new pads and discs front and rear using the how to guides on the forum. I'm a total novice and managed ok - you just need to make sure you have all the right tools eg caliper winding tool for rear brakes (and a helpful dad!!)

Be careful if you're having new discs and pads fitted the day before your track day.. you ideally need a few miles to bed them in properly before giving them a hammering on track!

If the cheaper discs don't have the black paint, buy some hammerite :smile:

Rich