Brake pads and discs

Just to update the thread:

I ordered the brakes from Karl (TwingoGeekeo) and he gave me them all at a great price and with fast delivery. I couldn't have been happier with the service. He'll be my first port of call for parts in the future!

I decided to do the trackday on the tyres I had and then fitted new ones post track day (just went for contis again).

It was the first time out on track in the 197 and took a bit or adjusting too as I've only ever driven RWD on track before.

It had a really positive front end and if I was aggressive with the steering on entry the back could really be brought into play, the brakes were mighty and the car worked all 4 tyres nice and evenly, which was great to see.

I did have to keep an eye on tyre temps and had to let a fair bit of air out of them to get them to a place I was happy with but one I got them there the little 197 just gripped and gripped. All in all a great day :smile:

Clio197_track_1.jpg

KH120365.jpg

KH120351.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it mate!!!

Great pictures by the way. :smile: What track where you at?

I'd love a go in an Elise, how do they compare in terms of outright speed around a track?

The 197 is a fantastic bit of kit, I'm with you on that... I think as hard as I push on track, I don't think I'm near the limits of the 197 yet. :smile:

My elise was a std S2 so only 120 bhp. The Elise is so low mass it really flows around the track, with zero roll you can really lean on the chassis and with un servo'd brakes the feel is amazing.

I'd say The Elise is faster round a lap but I think with a few more track days I could eventually get really close :wink: