Brembo Pin Punch?

Rishi

Platinum Member
I knew there must be something like this out there... do you guys know where I can buy something similar in the UK?

I knew there must be something like this out there... do you guys know where I can buy something similar in the UK?
Hahaha don't buy this, one hit and it bent a full 90 degrees. Absolute waste of money. I use a normal punch now and got a metal fabricators to punch a slight dent in the end.

Just the end thats hollow so it sits on the end of the pin so equal force is distributed when you hit it?

It's a good idea, if it bent it's just poorly made. I bet you could use some A4 Stainless rod in M3 size and use a Dremel to make the end concave. Cost you a couple of bucks.

The punch slipping off and damaging the calipers :worried:
It's not very likely to happen if you take your time and use a small amount of force with a hammer, i'd never used one before and I didn't once hit the caliper. As with anything though patience is key

Reactions: LOCKE
As above take your time and for extra protection cover the caliper around the pin with insulation tape.

Good idea, I've seen the advice on this forum that the only way to get em out is give them a good wack, I can see why as I can't see 'a small amount of force' getting them out if they've been in there for a while. I copper greased up the new set of pins so hopefully they'll slip right out next time... I've got a steering judder under braking so will have to strip the brakes this weekend when I change the thermostat housing to measure the disc run-out.

My pins slipped out easy peasy this time, the first time they were just seized, will be sure to service th breaks twice a year for sure from now on.