Cabasse system

Edinnit

Paid Member
Hi,

I have the canvassed system with the black box under the drivers seat.

The missus wants to put her iPod in there and be able to controlled it with the head unit, is that possible at all? Or will we need a new head unit?

I've done some searches and can't seam to find anything as the returns are very vague

I'm fairly confident you will need a new headunit if you want to control anything apart from the volume of the music playing through the ipod. There are small boxes which connect to the back of the headunit which reside in the glovebox, that have an aux and usb interface, but they probably work out more expensive than a headunit and the correct stalk controls.

Last edited:
Thanks very much mate. Looks like that black xcarlink unit will controlled and charge the iPod, but its £85 :worried:

Thanks very much mate. Looks like that black xcarlink unit will controlled and charge the iPod, but its £85 :worried:
No worries. I myself spent many hours looking at my options for playing music off of an ipod. An aftermarket headunit with the stalk adapter (to allow you to use the steering wheel audio controls with the headunit) will be slightly cheaper depending on the headunit you go for compared to the xcarlink and it really is something you can do at home. Just depends on if you want an OEM look really.

I think you have a 6 disc head unit please confirm that as well as the car and year. Anyway you can make a lead that allows Aux into the Cabasse system but its pacific to cabasse " use google and look for cabasse aux" a website called indestructibles.com there are made up ones on ebay for around £25 which would mean a headphone jack into the iPod, but you control it on the iPod screen although the mute and volume is done through normal means, Else a parrot MKI phone kit or similar unit that media streams but you can control the iPod and volume and play with the Parrott control buttons the advantage is if the music is on an iPhone that the phone can be the satnav as well and the music/directions auto mute the stereo out to hear it, along with a "proclip" phone mount and brodit active cradle the phone will be held around the fan controls on the dash, charge the phone and still visible enough the be the satnav. Also I find that with the cradle that charges the phone I never have to charge the phone at home or work which is totally worth it. My setup is a MKI9100 with the cabasse 6 disc in dash radio in a Clio 197 2008 like in the picture. But if you ask a question on the forum we cant mind read we need some background info so we can answer the questions if your wandering what the "......" means. The Parrott kit is a plug in job as in 2008 it was the dealer fitted item again Google and somewhere you will see how it's fitted to a Clio mkIII. The main problem is with the cabasse system is the multi disc CD player is built in the other boxes "Denison" that you can buy act like the multi disc cd player in order to control the iPod that's why you cant find stuff.
Iphone-Holder-B.jpg

Its a cabasse auditorium tronic.
With a black box under the drivers seat, and its in a 2006 197.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had this system in mine with the 6 disc changer in the dash and the brains of the head unit under the drives seat. It's very basic, you can wire in a 3.5mm aux cord but won't be able to control any device added to it. I ended up buying a Sony head unit in the end as I couldn't be doing without USB - CDs are so 1999 lol. The ISO cables are actually behind the cd changer in the dash and just extended down to what's under the seat, so changing the changer for a head unit is fairly simple. If you want to retain the stalk controls though it's about £40 odd for the adaptors, so I've not bothered with that yet.

Another bonus with changing the head unit for an aftermarket one is that they are generally a bit more powerful than the factory system and the sound quality is better. Don't need to spend a fortune either £60-£80 will get you one that will do everything you need e.g. usb input/ipod control.