Cable

CSOJON2982

Platinum Member
Evening All,

Which cable would I require to keep my screen & steering controls if I had a SONY-DSX-S300BTX Head Unit?

Cheers.

Anyone have any advice on this? I'm also looking to install this headunit in my 09' LUX but i'm confused as there are many adaptors available! Help would be much appreciated! I'm going mad without my Ipod as i don't have any CD's!

Right guys, 3 things to do here:

1) is your head unit / stereo compatible with stalk controls? Google it and you should see. It may be called 'remote' or 'stalk adaptor'. I literally yesterday bought a new kenwood unit as my Sony wasn't..

2) search for this part number on eBay and buy one (£30ish) : CTSRN007 (2009 onwards) or CTSRN005 (2005 till 2009), get the one that's suits your cars year. This lead is designed for a Renault Clio so should slot straight in behind your stereo (refer to the thread on how to remove your glove box first).

3) finally you need a little lead called a "patch lead". This lead MUST be compatible with your stereo brand. Again head for eBay and search for the following part number (£4.00) : CTSONYLEAD. This little thing plugs into your lead as mentioned in point 2 above on one side and plugs into your stereo or stereo wiring harness (depends on brand) on the other side.

Assuming all that makes sense, you'll be up and running by the end of the week. I use an iPhone for my music and paying £150 for a fully compatible stereo and leads far outweighs being caught using the phone whilst driving. I know the above works as its exactly what I've just done and it works like a dream.

Don't be nervous with it, it's really easy to wire up. Each wire will only go in one place so you can't really go wrong to be honest although there's always someone with a horror story.

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll try help out further.

Ross, thanks very much for you help with this!

Ive got one more question for you....

My car is on an 09 plate and i've removed the stock head unit and it has standard DIN connectors and a standard aerial connector. Am i right in thinking i need the early model connectors as my car isn't running a CANBUS system?

Thanks again!

Scratch what i just said! My clio is an early 2009 model, just before the facelifted model came out. Will i reqiure the 2005-2009 adaptor? I'm being thick, they've all got CANBUS....