Car polisher

Hi chaps,
Looking to buy a car polisher but have never had one before..Any tips/which one to buy etc,would be a great help :thumbup1:

Hi mate if got a silverline rotary that I don't use I got it off ebay, my girlfriend lives in derby so if you want to make me an offer as I don't use it

If you've never used a machine polisher before i'd stay away from a rotary polisher as your more likely to do damage with one of them compared to a Dual Action (sometimes called random orbit) polisher. The down side is that DAs cost more than rotarys. Have a look on Detailing World for more info.

I've got a G220 + pads, hard case, 3" backing plate and still in its original packaging if your interested?

uzy9esen.jpg

I have the Sonus pads, Meguiars Microfibre pads and Chemical Guys Hex logic pads together with Sonus, menzerna and meguiars polishes (I also have poorboys polishes).

If your just going to be polishing a Clio is recommend the Meguiars microfibre would work well as the clips paint is very hard indeed. Wether you need their wax if your going to use something else to seal the paint is up for debate. I'm a big fan of the Sonus stuff to which can give great results if your patient.

Make me an offer via PM mate I'm not looking to actively sell and i wouldn't give it away as I was going to give it to my eldest when he passed his test but it might pay for some more lessons for him.

Its well looked after inc all packaging even plug protector, also has 2 used pads and 2 unused still sealed, 3" backing is brand new but unsealed, one clay bar new/sealed in plastic tub and air freshener still sealed also.

3ybydysu.jpg

9apy5are.jpg

puqetu2e.jpg

5usa3yma.jpg

se4yderu.jpg

mady3asa.jpg

amasagan.jpg

egahe5u7.jpg

u8ure4y3.jpg

e6a9esyz.jpg

a2ypa6eh.jpg

erytu6ah.jpg

uruqezav.jpg

Out of interest without trying to lead the topic astray has anyone bought one of these and which kit did they go for?

Seems there's too much to chose from almost!

I've got this one GT, its spot on. Although I've had mine a year or so and so it came with the orange pad not the dimpled black one shown in the picture. http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_720.html

I get fairly decent correction from it (not 100%, but I'm not a pro so I'm not looking for perfection), I also use it to get some PB Black Hole Glaze on there which gives me some brilliant results.

Out of interest without trying to lead the topic astray has anyone bought one of these and which kit did they go for?

Seems there's too much to chose from almost!

I got the clean your car DAS6Pro at christmas, and its a brilliant bit of kit for beginners! And after a few calls to the guys at clean you car, I went for the megs microfiber kit. This is a great kit for newbies and the results are brilliant! I would highly recommend fo sure.