Cars having mileage clocked (Total Joke)

A Mileage Master engineer called Rhys met our reporter at a petrol station off the M11, near Stansted Airport in Essex.

Typical sun b0llacks, making it sound all bad and underground.

These guys would come to your house if you asked them too.

They love a good story, suprised they were not dressed as an arab.

It's terrible anyone wanna buy a 197 with 22 genuine miles on the clock lol. But seriously all kidding aside were not going to kno what we are buying now

Like anything, it's open to abuse. Nothing wrong with mileage alterations so long as its for the correct reasons and it's documented in the service book. Love the suns made up statistics. 78% of stats are made up on the spot.

When I was buying my mondeo st tdci there were loads with 160000 miles and plenty that where the same age with "60000" miles.....

I found out a way of checking milage. If you go onto the dvla website, there's a place somewhere where you type in your reg and the number on the log book. It tells you every MOT with the milage at the time of MOT!

Easy!!

This is news worthy? Ive known about this all along, i figured it was common knowledge.

I dont see the problem here as its easy to spot if you have common sense. If a car was used by the same owner for 12k-15k miles per year, then between services/MOT's only covers 2k miles thats obviously fishy. But even then you are only talking a difference of 10k miles which is hardly going to mean the car will combust overnight?

my girlfriend had the milage clocked in her car a few weeks after she bought it. that was due to her having different dash clocks in while they fixed her speedo.
thats the only genuine reason i can think of for clocking milages.

although i didnt think of this

Kristian Welch, of HPI, said people who leased cars often had the mileage doctored to make it appear they had not broken the agreement.

clever... but wrong nonetheless

Similar Thread Suggestions