Chris' LY R27 Project 10/12/12

Thanks for adding how it went mate, I've got mine booked next friday at 10. its like a 2 hour 20 min trip so a very early start for me. i dread to think what my figures are going to be. how long did the whole remap take etc, was planning on making it into a day trip to leeds, any good shopping centres etc

thanks martin..

Think leeds is meant to be mega for shopping mate!

My mpg now is stuck on 99.9mpg though for some reason lol, apparently I have a range of 1100 too ha ha[/QUOTE]

HA!99.9mpg,have you reset the trip comp?

Also i was wondering about this whole fuel talk, i don't really use my car that much at the moment so don't mind using the more expensive fuel. would it be ok just to fill the clio up with the better stuff the night before the remap then continue to use it or does the car need to be run with it for a while.?

Need to run it for a while really to get rid of all the sainsburys fuel. Ideally run it down to the fuel light then fill it up with momentum or v-power and it'll be fine :smile:

Good to see she's healthy!! :drunk:

yes higher octane fuel costs more but you get better MPG from it so its beneficial in the long run,i wouldn't chop n change,if yr car has been mapped using a certain fuel then you need to stick to that fuel or map again for perfect results

Just got back from RS Tuning and my car is now running 187.2bhp :smile:

Paul did the first run before the map and it ran at 182bhp so I have no idea why my previous run at Mikeanics was 20bhp less because other people got what they were expecting, maybe it was a bad run, who knows!

So yeah im happy now to be at 187.2bhp and he said I could be in the 190's if I stopped using Sainsburys crap 97 ron lol. He told me to use Tesco 99 or Vpower. If I want it remapping again using different fuel it will be £100 plus VAT.

Will put the graphs up later, think it said had around 155bhp at the wheels

glad to hear all is good mate,mine ran 188.1bhp with the same mods at RS Tunining so seems about right,although they never mapped it at that point tbf,it was just a rolling road day

Yeah before remap it was 182 so got a 5 bhp gain. Prob will use better fuel, just never thought the one I was using was that bad lol

Ye I've just looked, a shopping centre called White Rose Shopping Centre looks quite big, anyone know if thats the best 1 in leeds
thanks

It's alright mate but there is actual Leeds town that's good too. It's called Victoria quarter. Can't remember how far it is from rs tuning though.

I thought that graph was for the 'at the wheels' figure??

Must say though Im pleased as pie with this map, no more cold starting issues which means no more kangarooing down the road at 7am :smiley:

I thought that graph was for the 'at the wheels' figure??

Must say though Im pleased as pie with this map, no more cold starting issues which means no more kangarooing down the road at 7am :smiley:

i could be wrong like but ime sure some one will let us no.

glad your happy with it now they do feel more urgent after a map,did you sort the rattle out on the hangers?

Yeah they do feel more urgent, I think what I might do is get a 64mm TB when I go for my next map and get rid of the ported and polished TB.

I have noticed a decent mpg improvement too! Getting 28mpg at the minute when I use to get around 25-26.

No still not got the exhaust sorted, Paul didnt have any free ramps so he had a quick look and he thinks its hitting the heatshield so he bent it back a little but its still doing it. Really need to get it sorted ASAP as I cant enjoy the car at the moment, really want to give it some but dont want to cause any unnecessary damage

Yeah they do feel more urgent, I think what I might do is get a 64mm TB when I go for my next map and get rid of the ported and polished TB.

I have noticed a decent mpg improvement too! Getting 28mpg at the minute when I use to get around 25-26.

No still not got the exhaust sorted, Paul didnt have any free ramps so he had a quick look and he thinks its hitting the heatshield so he bent it back a little but its still doing it. Really need to get it sorted ASAP as I cant enjoy the car at the moment, really want to give it some but dont want to cause any unnecessary damage
yeah i no what you mean with the exhaust!hope you get sorted soon then you can give it some:wink:

I have bought a Cup Spoiler (off N0ddie). Im going to see how it looks in black and if I dont like it I will get it sprayed (probably LY and Anthracite).

I know these spoilers are marmite to some people but I love them and have wanted one since I bought the car so im proper chuffed. Just need to sort out a replacement washer/sleeve as ones missing.

Similar Thread Suggestions