Chris's LY 200t.

like these good news updates Chris..what did they do??was it a software upgrade or an actual mechanical one??
glad you are happy with it..as I said on the Dales run when i was driving behind you..the car is super fast when overtaking..
must be even better now..

Just software mate, plug it in take the old software off and put new on. Job done. Will be like a bullet overtaking when the remap is done! :smiley:

Great news on the update, Chris, really glad you're so happy with it. It is good that they're making the upgrade available to people now.

It's not so good mate, I had to complain to get this done. I made a song and a dance about it after hearing more in depth with a guy I've been talking too on CS.

Rawlinsons have been very good, Mark who is the main renaultsport man there has to put down the issues that the software has, can't just put a gearbox update on, it has to have a reason to have it done.

Reactions: Pav and Beany
It's not so good mate, I had to complain to get this done. I made a song and a dance about it after hearing more in depth with a guy I've been talking too on CS.

Rawlinsons have been very good, Mark who is the main renaultsport man there has to put down the issues that the software has, can't just put a gearbox update on, it has to have a reason to have it done.

Ah ok, I see - I'd assumed it was something that they were offering if you asked nicely... I suppose it could potentially be a big cost to Renault if they had to do it for free for everyone...

Not long till remap time !

Reactions: Pav
Ah ok, I see - I'd assumed it was something that they were offering if you asked nicely... I suppose it could potentially be a big cost to Renault if they had to do it for free for everyone...

Not long till remap time !

Can't see why'd it would be a big cost for them - it's software end of the day, plug it in and away you go. Just do it at services or recalls or whatever, or at least ask you if you want it.

Drives soooo much better, took it on a long run today and it was a pleasure in every mode.

Reactions: Jimmy and Beany
This update need to be done at Renault? I only ask as my gearbox feels fine or was it just a problem you were having? Mine seems to rev very freely without changing down for me in race mode and autoblips. I assumed they all did that from factory?

This update need to be done at Renault? I only ask as my gearbox feels fine or was it just a problem you were having? Mine seems to rev very freely without changing down for me in race mode and autoblips. I assumed they all did that from factory?

Yes only Renault.

No it's a generic thing they do (2015 and younger cars I believe - the new ones are fine) nothing to do with race mode, mainly just in auto and normal mode, sometimes it got confused at roundabouts etc between 1st and 2nd.

For example if you approach a blind roundabout slowly then see it's clear just about as the car would want to change down, then you put your foot back down to accelerate onto the roundabout it would get in a bit of a muddle.

Also stays in gears longer, not so keen to jump down when you need a bit of extra power, which often wasn't necessary.

These are not huge issues in themselves but the car drives so much better day to day, hard to explain tbh...

Hmm wonder if mines already been done... maybe I should try see if I can get it done at my local Renault garage.. I see you have a 4 hours journey to RS tuning.. you can't be too far from me as i have a 3 hours drive up there! Drive back down together haha hopefully with much faster cars :wink: I'm pretty tempted to get the itg induction whilst I'm there :/

Ooo, interesting.. just been reading that RS tuning can apparently can read the gearbox software and flash the car with new software if needed as they've had a few bad ones in and put the newer software on when mapping.. how true I don't know but will find out on the 12th.

Yes only Renault.

No it's a generic thing they do (2015 and younger cars I believe - the new ones are fine) nothing to do with race mode, mainly just in auto and normal mode, sometimes it got confused at roundabouts etc between 1st and 2nd.

For example if you approach a blind roundabout slowly then see it's clear just about as the car would want to change down, then you put your foot back down to accelerate onto the roundabout it would get in a bit of a muddle.

Also stays in gears longer, not so keen to jump down when you need a bit of extra power, which often wasn't necessary.

These are not huge issues in themselves but the car drives so much better day to day, hard to explain tbh...
Auto was a pig in my 200t like trying to wake the dead

Hmm wonder if mines already been done... maybe I should try see if I can get it done at my local Renault garage.. I see you have a 4 hours journey to RS tuning.. you can't be too far from me as i have a 3 hours drive up there! Drive back down together haha hopefully with much faster cars :wink: I'm pretty tempted to get the itg induction whilst I'm there :/

Perhaps at RST can take you out in mine and have a compare. Or vice versa.

yeah I'm Suffolk way, straight down the M1 for me! Hopefully? Don't think there's any doubting they will be faster :smiley:

Yeah I wouldn't mind the itg, but think I'll wait a while and do exhaust induction and fmic then map tweak. We will see!

Auto is fine with mine. No issues with my box what so ever so maybe mines already done.. either way yeah we'll go out in yours then mine see if we notice any difference. I'm from St Albans, herts. Long old motorway journey it is!

Reactions: Chris
Auto is fine with mine. No issues with my box what so ever so maybe mines already done.. either way yeah we'll go out in yours then mine see if we notice any difference. I'm from St Albans, herts. Long old motorway journey it is!

Can go most of the way!

I think I might just pop mine into the dealer to check it is all up to date.

Trouble is with that question is technically your software will be up to date, its a different software. I asked a few times and they always said its up to date but I had to make sure that they put the new software on!

Similar Thread Suggestions