Clio 200 - S/C Project

Hey, hope everyone is well and safe.

So at my 44 years of age I found myself adding to my garage an immaculate example of a clio 200. pics of the little thing here below:

clio4.jpg

Was on the market for a little fun car for some serious b-road and very occasional track fun and instead of going to a new polo gti or i20 or st I remembered that somewhere deep down there was always a gap that a clio rs would fill. So here it is...82k kms, very very particular and careful previous owner. the car is amazing and a very solid base for what I would like to do. I have postponed this purchase a couple of times due to other motorsport projects but there it is now.

As I do own a few other decent cars my plan for this little thing is the following:
1. add a supercharger
2. add decent coilovers
3. add decent seats & harness
4. add decent wheels & tires

As there is no need to re-invent the wheel I would appreciate any insight on the items above.

- As a starting point I would like to ask about wheel/tire combo. 18 x 8 wheels with 225 or 235 tire?
- Engine strengthening. The S/C sit I am targeting in the one from k-tec. Con-rod bolts are sufficient for something in the 300+ bhp with the torque higher up the rev range? (obviously new oil pump and con-rod bearings are part of the refresh of the engine's bottom part
- exhaust: what kind of exhaust works well with the s/c? is the stock one restrictive? needs something with larger diameter? any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.
- coilovers: apparently the consesus for something decent is between ast 2-3 way and nitron. any experience with B14s or kw clubsport? any need for sway bars or strut bars?

i lll just leave these here for now as I am ready to start ordering things :smile: let me know what you think. thanks

Welcome.

I will look forward to your super charger updates.

B14s are great for road use but a bit bouncy for track use. A lot of people here use Gaz Golds and they seem to be the coilover of choice for people who don’t want to spend crazy Norton style prices.

If you go for larger 18 inch wheels you might suffer from rubbing if you set a low ride height. Clio Raiders came with 18 inch wheels. But people with 17 inch wheels still suffer when they are low.